• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WANTED: 1968 GTX Grill / trunk finish panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a extra finish panel but it is pitted bad bad bad.Check ebay they show up once in awhile.

do you have a pic of the right one? Post it up I may have a decent one but not sure.....

This is the one he needs.

DSC02000.jpg

68 GTX Finish panel

I've got a good re-chromed panel. I had it re-chromed by Keystone Bumper in Chicago about ten years ago. It is not perfect, but once you spray on the Argent finish and put on the reflector stripes it will look like Snow White! I bought a Re-Pop for $700.00 last year, so i can let mine go to a good home. I think $300.00 is reasonable. . . Here are some pics

Attachments

• 20120529_173052.jpg
    20120529_173052.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 840
  • 20120529_173105.jpg
    20120529_173105.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 969
That is the correct panel. Thanks for the help everyone. Still working on a grill.

I've got a good re-chromed panel. I had it re-chromed by Keystone Bumper in Chicago about ten years ago. It is not perfect, but once you spray on the Argent finish and put on the reflector stripes it will look like Snow White! I bought a Re-Pop for $700.00 last year, so i can let mine go to a good home. I think $300.00 is reasonable. . . Here are some pics

it looks nice; but is it supposed to be chrome??

i thought it was supposed to be more of a flat argent color? mine are flat/satin finish.

are they just that weathered and that's why they're not shiny???

btw, i wouldn't mind buying another panel if the price is right, chrome or not... pm me...

Attachments

• GTX Exterior (94).JPG
    GTX Exterior (94).JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 692
That is the correct panel. Thanks for the help everyone. Still working on a grill.

ha! you and me both....i only need one little piece to make it whole again.

Attachments

• GTX Exterior (95).JPG
    GTX Exterior (95).JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 762
Here are some pictures of my grill and tail panel. I restored mine myself. opps just saw the front shot of the Cali car is not mine. It was a picture I got to compare to mine during restore

Dave F

Attachments

• P7080005.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 741
  • grill.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 735
  • P7080009.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 744
  • P7010002.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 739
I think they were all chrome before the texure paint is sprayed on. When I got my car somebody had stripped all the paint off and it was chrome. I restored it back to the way it was from the factory.

DF

Here is asecond grill I am working on. Need to remove a old repair and make it better. The replacement fin is to thin and is warpped.

DF

Attachments

• 2012-09-22 07.10.31.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 735
Here is a better picture, you can see about a fin and a 1/4 are thinner and warpping. Need to cut them out and replace them.

DF

Attachments

• 2012-09-22 07.20.27.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 701
I actually scored a mint 68 GTX grill off Craigslist cheap. Taken off 25 years ago. Had to drive 3 hours to get it but if that's what it takes so be it. Won an ebay auction for a tail panel and taillight bezel for very reasonable price. Need to repair some studs but other than that looks great. Goes to show just keep searching the deals are still out there just be patient. Thanks.

got the pieces today!!! Thanks a bunch Jay!! you da man!!!

Mario

you guys snooze, ya lose!! lol met up with Z today and bought this panel. it's beautiful! super great price too! i almost had to wrestle it away from him!!! hahaha

i will be postin pics when its done...im taping it off right now for scuffin!

thanks a bunch Z!! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back