• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted: 1969 roadrunner

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiros

Local time
10:58 PM
Reaction score
looking for a 1969 roadrunner auto,ac, driver to restored condition,i will consider small projects no basket cases thanks im located in n.y.

Last edited:
looking for a 1969 roadrunner auto,ac, driver to restored condition,i will consider small projects no basket casem thanks im located in n.y.

I know of one for sale here in Detroit area, T5 copper car rock solid, new quarters and some new floors, 4spd though. With engine and trans, not running. Some of the hard work already done, clear title and very reasonably priced. PM me if your interested.

You do know that there were very few produced in comparision of the total 69 RR production, right?

You also know that they did not have the RR & Super Bee ONLY 335 h.p. engine but rather the 383 4 barrel engine that was available in the all other standard production models in 1969, right?

You do know that there were very few produced in comparision of the total 69 RR production, right?

You also know that they did not have the RR & Super Bee ONLY 335 h.p. engine but rather the 383 4 barrel engine that was available in the all other standard production models in 1969, right?

696pack, I did not know that about the a.c. cars, was that true in `68 as well?. The "JUNKYARD DOG", my `68 Road Runner project is an a.c. car with none of the equipment it came with but the dash and the firewall. Does that meen that a `69 a.c. Road Runner's 383 wasn't an HP engine?.

looking for a 1969 roadrunner auto,ac, driver to restored condition,i will consider small projects no basket cases thanks im located in n.y.

Spiros, I finally talked to my buddy here and none of the 3 Road Runners he has are a.c. cars, Sorry.
I'll continue to keep my eyes open for you,
DetMatt1

Spiros, I finally talked to my buddy here and none of the 3 Road Runners he has are a.c. cars, Sorry.
I'll continue to keep my eyes open for you,
DetMatt1

thanks i appreciate that.

696pack, I did not know that about the a.c. cars, was that true in `68 as well?. The "JUNKYARD DOG", my `68 Road Runner project is an a.c. car with none of the equipment it came with but the dash and the firewall. Does that meen that a `69 a.c. Road Runner's 383 wasn't an HP engine?.

Yes, same set up for both years.

Here are scans from the 1968 Dodge Dealer Data Book with the suppliment for the Super Bee as it was a late year intro for Dodge.

See the bottom of the last page for the info on a Super Bee engine when ordered with A/C

SBDATA.jpg

SBDATA2.jpg

SBDATA3.jpg

SBDATA4.jpg

That would change everything for me, I would rather have a factory Non A/C car and use the traditional 2 windows down at 55 mph system,.........after all muscle cars were about Performance, and not for creature comforts.....................or add a Classic or Vintage Air system,..... if I just had to keep cool that bad.

Thanks 696pack, I had never heard that before. Now it REALLY makes me wonder how many `68 Runners were built with air. I have been in a battle as to wether I change out the firewall in my `68 ( which needs a little work) with a non air doner one that I have that is really nice. I was not going to put air on this car, I have no interest in it, I like the traditional a.c. system 69HEMICORONETR/TCONV mentioned. No documentation with the car either but I'm becomming more and more convinced that somebody ordered this car in the south east as a go fast car but wanted to stay cool also.However with what I just found out they would have gotten a standard 383 4 bbl with there a.c.. Darn!, another curve ball!.

Thanks 696pack, I had never heard that before. Now it REALLY makes me wonder how many `68 Runners were built with air. I have been in a battle as to wether I change out the firewall in my `68 ( which needs a little work) with a non air doner one that I have that is really nice. I was not going to put air on this car, I have no interest in it, I like the traditional a.c. system 69HEMICORONETR/TCONV mentioned. No documentation with the car either but I'm becomming more and more convinced that somebody ordered this car in the south east as a go fast car but wanted to stay cool also.However with what I just found out they would have gotten a standard 383 4 bbl with there a.c.. Darn!, another curve ball!.

I would imagine it's the same deal for R/Ts and GTXs that got Air Conditioning, Except they would have gotten standard 440s instead of the High Performance versions,

696pack should know for sure on this one, he sold them back in the day.

I would imagine it's the same deal for R/Ts and GTXs that got Air Conditioning, Except they would have gotten standard 440s instead of the High Performance versions,

696pack should know for sure on this one, he sold them back in the day.

No, this was only the case with the RRs and SB with the 383s.

When you got an R/T or GTX with a 440 and A/C it was still the 375 h.p. engine, but the combo was only available with an auto trans. A 383-4 was the largest Mopar engine you could get with A/C and a 4 speed.

No, this was only the case with the RRs and SB with the 383s.

When you got an R/T or GTX with a 440 and A/C it was still the 375 h.p. engine, but the combo was only available with an auto trans. A 383-4 was the largest Mopar engine you could get with A/C and a 4 speed.

Thanks Again for sharing valuable information.

Thanks again 696pack!, I'm sure there is only a relatively small number of people who would actually know that and I'm honored to be able to pick your brain.
Spiros, has any of this changed your mind?.

Thanks again 696pack!, I'm sure there is only a relatively small number of people who would actually know that and I'm honored to be able to pick your brain.
Spiros, has any of this changed your mind?.

Don't be swelling my head.:rolling:

I am sure there are plenty of others here that knew it as well. Most of the younger guys have to rely on the older ones that were around when these cars were new. That is if the old guys can still remember.:blush:

I just happen to have some old factory info available to me to offer PROOF of the things I post when it could be questioned.

Sorry to get off the point but Mopar Marketing thought Drip Rail Moldings and "B" pillar Molding was one of the key highlights for the Superbee? Wow. They should have mentioned the chrome cigerette lighter and rubber foot pedals covers as well......

Sorry to get off the point but Mopar Marketing thought Drip Rail Moldings and "B" pillar Molding was one of the key highlights for the Superbee? Wow. They should have mentioned the chrome cigerette lighter and rubber foot pedals covers as well......

:rolling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back