• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted: 1969 roadrunner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again 696pack!, I'm sure there is only a relatively small number of people who would actually know that and I'm honored to be able to pick your brain.
Spiros, has any of this changed your mind?.

no it has not im still looking i have 2 cars im looking at but the owners still want way too much time are tough,lets see what happens.

Tell us about the cars.

well one of them is on ebay now black car green interior he wants 29,000 the other is a orange car black interior he want 27,000 both have # match 383 not the tranny i like the red car but the paint is laquer and i dont know much about that i hear it scratches real easy both cars are about 10 years since they were restored and ofcourse they are both ac cars

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt242/segunas/69runner009.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969...ewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item19b865adeb

Sorry to get off the point but Mopar Marketing thought Drip Rail Moldings and "B" pillar Molding was one of the key highlights for the Superbee? Wow. They should have mentioned the chrome cigerette lighter and rubber foot pedals covers as well......

The reason that was done was because there was a BIG competition between Plymouth and Dodge.

The Roadrunner was introduced at the beginning of the 1968 Model year and was selling very well.

The Dodge dealers complained that they did not have a competing car, so the Bee was developed and released mid year. They use a higher price level model for the Bee than Plymouth did for the RR. The Bee is basically a Coronet 440 with special engine, suspension, brakes, and dash. The RR did not have the B pillar, wheel lip, or drip rail mouldings standard. They had to be ordered as options and the only way to get the B pillar moulding was in a decor group which also upgraded the interior. The Bee also had the Rallye dash w/169 speedo vs. the RRs flat, taxi cab 120 speedo and no oil pressure gauge. These cars were very price sensitive as they were targeted at the youth buyer. Both cars were base priced at under $3K. Soooo, there was EMPHISIS on the standard features that one car had and the other didn't.

There were a lot of RRs ordered with the decor package and that B pillar moulding DID make a distinctive difference in the exterior appearence of the car.

well one of them is on ebay now black car green interior he wants 29,000 the other is a orange car black interior he want 27,000 both have # match 383 not the tranny i like the red car but the paint is laquer and i dont know much about that i hear it scratches real easy both cars are about 10 years since they were restored and ofcourse they are both ac cars

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt242/segunas/69runner009.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969...ewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item19b865adeb

The Ebay car LOOK real nice. The V.I.N. is wrong as the plant designation show a plant that did not build Roadrunners. Could be a typo, could be it was input wrong at the DMV for the title, but it should NOT read that way on the V.I.N. tag. First thing that should be confirmed.

Not much info about what a lot of people find important when looking at these cars. No mention of a fender tag, broadcast sheet, or hidden numbers and confirmation of these things.

More importantly I would want to see some info as to where the car spent most of it's life, if it had rust previously and if so how it was repaired and with what. That would just be a start for me.

The other car showing just the one picture and no other info doesn't give much to go on. As for the laquer paint and it being 10 years old, that is quite unusual. It has been illegal to spray it in most states for a long time. It is great paint for easy touch up and blending but typically cracks with hairline crack with age especially in high temp. climites. It is a very thin paint and will show EVERY imperfection under it so the body has to very straight before paint. It was used by GM back in the day but Mopar used acrylic enamal.

I like the black one but it looks like the bidding has ended and the reserve wasn't met.
If it were me, I would need a console for my auto though.

69rr

The Ebay car LOOK real nice. The V.I.N. is wrong as the plant designation show a plant that did not build Roadrunners. Could be a typo, could be it was input wrong at the DMV for the title, but it should NOT read that way on the V.I.N. tag. First thing that should be confirmed.

Not much info about what a lot of people find important when looking at these cars. No mention of a fender tag, broadcast sheet, or hidden numbers and confirmation of these things.

More importantly I would want to see some info as to where the car spent most of it's life, if it had rust previously and if so how it was repaired and with what. That would just be a start for me.

The other car showing just the one picture and no other info doesn't give much to go on. As for the laquer paint and it being 10 years old, that is quite unusual. It has been illegal to spray it in most states for a long time. It is great paint for easy touch up and blending but typically cracks with hairline crack with age especially in high temp. climites. It is a very thin paint and will show EVERY imperfection under it so the body has to very straight before paint. It was used by GM back in the day but Mopar used acrylic enamal.

you know rour stuff

Moparmuscle64,To late, I think I may have stoked that fire in a couple of threads, but he does know his s##t!.

Yes he does!! don't tell him that tho, it might swell his head!:rolling::rolling:

There are several others here that are very knowlegeable as well.

69Runner is good and usually quick to respond. I have just had the time to cruise the site lately and thought I would give him a break. He has more hands on mechanical knowledge than I do.

My stong suite is with the original equipment etc. as I sold these cars new, have been active in the car hobby for 40+ years and have owned a lot of original and day two type cars. I also started collecting some old Chrysler dealer info several years ago so that when my memory begins to go I can have something to refer to.:confused:

69rr

ok guys i need help, i found a car a 69 RR w/ ac owner thinks its # matching i need to check that out for my self,but i dont know how, i know the vin # and fender tag codes so give me some instructions, thanks

ok guys i need help, i found a car a 69 RR w/ ac owner thinks its # matching i need to check that out for my self,but i dont know how, i know the vin # and fender tag codes so give me some instructions, thanks

You have a PM.

I'm sure 696pack has got you covered on that but let us in on it when you get it figured out and good luck!!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back