• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted: 22" Radiator

Status
Not open for further replies.

droptop

Local time
6:39 AM
Reaction score
I need a 22" radiator for a '71 Road Runner with a 383 auto. Needing recored is ok, just need something to work with. PM here or email at
[email protected]

If you are not worried about numbers, you can look for a rad from 70-74 E-Bodies and 71-72 B-Bodies including 4-doors. Alot of SB cars used 22" rads which I believe are the same as BB rads.

There is a member on this board selling a bunch of 71-72 B-Body parts, look for him in the classifieds.

Joe

If you are not worried about numbers, you can look for a rad from 70-74 E-Bodies and 71-72 B-Bodies including 4-doors. Alot of SB cars used 22" rads which I believe are the same as BB rads.

There is a member on this board selling a bunch of 71-72 B-Body parts, look for him in the classifieds.

Joe

I do believe sb radiators are different than bb ones. Aren't the hoses stagered on the bb and on the same side on sb? Not worring about numbers, just want it to look correct.

I do believe sb radiators are different than bb ones. Aren't the hoses stagered on the bb and on the same side on sb? Not worring about numbers, just want it to look correct.

Well you are half right and half wrong and I was wrong that a SB rad will work for a BB.

Both SB and BB rads are staggered but they are staggered opposite. A SB rads lower hose is on the lower right side and the upper hose is on the upper left side. A BB is just the opposite with the lower hose on the lower left side and the upper hose on the upper right side. This being the case a SB rad will not work for a BB. The only rad with the hoses on the same sides are the /6's.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back