• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Wanted: 3.55 gears for 741, or 742 case

Status
Not open for further replies.

68plymouth383

Local time
5:39 PM
Reaction score
Wanted: I'm willing to trade a brand new in the box Motive 3.55 set of gears for a 8.75 741 case for a good used matched OEM 3.55 set of gears for either the 741 or 742 case. I think good used gears plus 100 cash on your end is fair. What do you have?

Wanted: I'm willing to trade a brand new in the box Motive 3.55 set of gears for a 8.75 741 case for a good used matched OEM 3.55 set of gears for either the 741 or 742 case. I think good used gears plus 100 cash on your end is fair. What do you have?
Well...I know you told me that you wanted a used one so you don't have to "break it in." Just an FYI for ya to consider...You have a new set they will be more reliable than a used set as the wear already is in place and your new set will marry up better and with less slop. If you are going to the lengths of re-building your 3rd member, then going with what ya have, will be a better option. I re-built my 8 3/4 completely with all new components and it is as solid as a rock...Just sayin is all...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

You da man Bill. I appreciate your wisdom. I guess I'm just old school and wanted oem mopar ones. You wouldn't want to trade straight up would you?

Well...I know you told me that you wanted a used one so you don't have to "break it in." Just an FYI for ya to consider...You have a new set they will be more reliable than a used set as the wear already is in place and your new set will marry up better and with less slop. If you are going to the lengths of re-building your 3rd member, then going with what ya have, will be a better option. I re-built my 8 3/4 completely with all new components and it is as solid as a rock...Just sayin is all...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

You da man Bill. I appreciate your wisdom. I guess I'm just old school and wanted oem mopar ones. You wouldn't want to trade straight up would you?
Like I mentioned to you in our PM's that my gears are New Old Stock OEM's. They are not aftermarket ones. Sorry but I am slowly downsizing my parts stash and eventually selling my 66 Ply Satellite as I am getting out of the hobby. But I do thank you for the offer but I will pass...Thanks...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

FYI 3:91 for 741 used but he’s right about new vs used 1.375 pinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back