• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Wanted: 8 3/4 differential 3.55 Sure Grip. 489 case period correct for a very early 1970. Oh, are these date coded?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wing It

Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
Looking for a ready to run 8 3/4" drop out 3rd member, 489 case, 3.55:1 Suregrip. If they are date coded, I would need something correct for a car with a build date of November 1969.

Anyone have anything?

Are you positive you need a 489 case or is that what you just want In there? Reason I ask, I have a completely original nov built 70 challenger RT/SE survivor car, even the original paint and it has a 741! I too was after a 489 to make it correct until someone pointed me to my buildsheet and told me to confirm first….sure enough, I never expected my car to have the 741 being a 1970 car. It is an LA built car too.

Are you positive you need a 489 case or is that what you just want In there? Reason I ask, I have a completely original nov built 70 challenger RT/SE survivor car, even the original paint and it has a 741! I too was after a 489 to make it correct until someone pointed me to my buildsheet and told me to confirm first….sure enough, I never expected my car to have the 741 being a 1970 car. It is an LA built car too.
My car is a Superbird with 440 4 bbl and Torqueflite. I do have the build sheet. Do you know what specifically on the build sheet would determine which case the differential takes?

This is what I see on the build sheet that may be related:

D Axle = 56
D91 SG = 1
Axle = 052

Thank you for your help!

Bob

It was awhile ago, but I just looked at my buildsheet, line 4…under “axle” mine says “100” and I think that translated back to a 741 case if I’m remembering correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back