• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted: Hemi Engine and Carb Tuner in Tampa Area

6769Mopars

Local time
3:30 PM
Reaction score
I own a very original 67 Hemi 4-speed GTX. The engine runs OK, but, I would like to find someone in the Tampa-St. Pete-Sarasota-Clearwater area who can fine tune the engine and carbs to improve its performance. The engine appears to be original to the car and the Cater carbs match the engine dates.

Appreciate all advice and suggestions

You are not too far from Gainesville
Trailer it over there
Lots of RACE Shops in that area
Gee, it would be great to see a pic of your wonderfully rare GTX
Pics please?

there is a place in st pete called tubbys customs,i drive by every day going to work ,always has a lot of interesting cars and trucks in/outside.

There is an old man in Ocala that's been tuning on hemis for most of his life. Not hard to find, has a museum in his backyard.

There is an old man in Ocala that's been tuning on hemis for most of his life. Not hard to find, has a museum in his backyard.

Dan Dvorak? I've been there and his shop was very disorganized. He also wanted to keep the car there for a week or more. He made me a little nervous.

You are not too far from Gainesville
Trailer it over there
Lots of RACE Shops in that area
Gee, it would be great to see a pic of your wonderfully rare GTX
Pics please?

Here's a few:

Passenger Sdie Front.jpg Passenger Side.jpg DSC_0009.JPG DSC_0011.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back