• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Movies - What are the Best ?

i'm halfway through The Eagle has Landed on Amazon Prime. No shooting yet just good acting. Some of my favorite actors, Donald Pleasant, Donald Sutherland, Michael Cain and Robert Duval.

tumblr_parnspXLvk1vjldv2o1_540.jpg

there have been so many good movies some with very good actors that make the movie great and there are actors that are terrible and make a movie worse ,I love most all the B&W early movies there are quite a few color movies that are fantastic WWll there are a lot of very good ones ,Korea has quite a few good ones Vietnam has some good ones ad the later have them , actors there are only a few that can be a military man just like there some that can only be a detective . I remember watching a movie in the late nineties or very early 2000 s called When Trumpets Fade thought it was a very good movie and then there where several other in a series I think The Saints and Soldiers and there were a lot that never hit the movies or got the air time they needed

I just watched Thud Pilots on Amazon Prime. I highly recommend it. It's 1.5 hours of interviews, film footage and photos of the people who flew the F-105 bombers.

"Winner of "Best Film" at the 2018 GI Film Festival San Diego, this edge-of-your-seat documentary exposes the air war over North Vietnam where an elite band of brothers known as Thud Pilots fought and died receiving neither the country's support nor glory. Thud Pilots tells the untold story of the men who flew the F-105 THUD over the deadliest skies in the history of air warfare."

Saving Private Ryan

The first twenty minutes are hard to describe.
The fact that almost everybody dies makes for a difficult movie to watch.

Band of Brothers and The Pacific are slso well worth watching and as accurate as youll find. As they are based on real Soldiers/ Marines and their memoirs.
The Pacific has special place in my beart because it shows the cauldron that was Peleliu and its where Leckie gets seriously wounded. (I dont know of any other movie that shows Peleliu) I have a family member who was KIA on day 1 at Peleliu fighting attached to 1st Marines.

I’ve been told to watch hacksaw ridge, haven’t had time yet but supposed to be excellent

You’ll like Hacksaw Ridge. It was outstanding!!

Midway
The Longest Day
Twelve OClock High
The Gallant Hours
Battle of Britain

Can't believe nobody mentioned Battle of Britain. One of my favorites with real aircraft, not computer images like modern movies.
The Gallant hours is an interesting well done movie with James Cagney playing Admiral Halsey. Almost no fight scenes

I just watched this last week.

Mission of Honor (2018)

There's another one about the same topic called

303 SQUADRON (2018)

Both are about the Polish pilots in the Battle of Britain. They survived the German attack on their homeland and had more documented kills than any other RAF unit.

supposedly theres a new Midway coming out and another one called Dauntless

Auto Transport Service
Back