• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Movies - What are the Best ?

That’s a quote from Admiral Yamamoto’s diary. He planned the attack on Pearl Harbor. It’s not something dreamed up by a screen writer in Hollywood.

That’s a quote from Admiral Yamamoto’s diary. He planned the attack on Pearl Harbor. It’s not something dreamed up by a screen writer in Hollywood.
Thanks for schooling me Floyd.
I just remember hearing it one time when I saw the movie.

If you read about Yamamoto, he actually lived/studied in the US before the war and was reportedly against the war-planning by his superiors. I’m sure he was aware of our industrial potential.

Kinda of makes you nervous now. I wonder how hard it would be for us to tool up for a major conflict like that? But, I guess major conflicts like that are less likely with nukes in the mix. I believe we had 100 aircraft carriers in service at the end of WWII. Granted, they weren’t all big carriers, but that’s absolutely amazing.

Not looking to start anything political. Way too much that stuff.

Inglorious Basterds.
"One hundred Nazi scalps."

"Brother, business is a boomin."

Das Boot for me is the best made.. even the 5 hour edition is worth watching..

The Gallant Hours.
IMO interesting forgotten movie, James Cagney plays Halsey. Very little if any actual fighting scenes in the movie. Yamamoto is mentioned a lot.
Good movie if you can find it.

Sands Of Iwo Jima
Merrills Marauders
Objective Burma
Firebase Gloria( gotta love R Lee Army )
One Minute To Zero
Pork Chop Hill
The Mountain Road
In Harms Way

so many great ones out there

Floyd Yamato knew of our potential but he was held to make that attack by politics and general staff. He knew if he didn't attempt to kill him would happen

Also the Essex class carriers were the largest at the time and were very big. We didn't have a hundred later in the war but we had more then enough and more in the yards. I don't remember the number.

A friend that thrives on black and white movies told me about “13 Rue Madeline” that stars James Cagney.
We watched it on YouTube last night. The whole movie is there but wouldn’t play right for us… always loading.

We found another that broke it down into parts and saw it that way.

Get the popcorn out.

There certainly are a lot of very good suggestions above and I’ve made a list for myself.

4C4C16F7-D95B-40DF-80D0-99719E86A311.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back