• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

War Movies - What are the Best ?

So many good ones....most have already been mentioned.
Some of my (maybe lesser-known) favorites--

40 days at Musa-Dagh

Breaker Morant

The Beast(1988)

To Hell and Back. Audie Murphy true story. I caught this flick in Guadalajara Mexico 58 years ago. now I just go to YouTube. Lots of real life documentaries.
Real story, I was going to mention it if you didn't. The guy was a true Patriot and awesome individual. No carbon copies of this guy.

Chuck (snook)

This was a pretty good. I had never heard of this raid.

Patton - Americas best combat General
We were soldiers - Excellent portrayal of leader/hero Hal Moore
Saving Private Ryan - the landing scene at Normandy is epic.
Full Metal Jacket - one of the more realistic portraits of basic training
12 O’clock High
Memphis Belle

Crimson Tide - excellent portrayal of potential WWIII entry with nuclear weapons

I have always been a fan of the TV series COMBAT with Vic Morrow

65F13CD8-8205-4A8B-984B-51C46480B64B.jpeg

F17DC22F-AF41-4425-BCC2-79A7922CDA67.jpeg

E336B9FB-C34C-496C-92C2-529C2E4A70C1.jpeg

Went through all the pages and the Dogs of War weren't mentioned, the best mercenary movie followed by Dark of the Sun (remake was tears of the sun) Soliders for hire, lives didn't matter.

Heartbreak Ridge. Not a war movie per se but this one is my favorite Clint Eastwood movie.

Heartbreak Ridge. Not a war movie per se but this one is my favorite Clint Eastwood movie.
Clint was a macho man to say the lease, a stand up guy in his movie. Then I saw this movie that is a “War between the States” Movie and Clint is at his worse as a character and he plays it well with all the femme’s in The Beguiled.

49F093E5-0660-4DD8-BD5E-B03743CD335C.png

A9664398-8458-4BEF-A003-A3DA94DA2F91.png

DDE512E0-4160-4311-BAC9-CCC3931D4607.png

Watch this and you’ll see him going off the rails.

Seaman, Lt. JG (junior grade), yes, weird!

Seaman doesn’t seem weird to me. He is a service member on the sea. Astronaut would be a weird thing to call him.

The Navy also has Fireman and Airman. These including Seaman are E3 rankings.

Must be my immature humor then.

So many good ones....most have already been mentioned.
Some of my (maybe lesser-known) favorites--

40 days at Musa-Dagh

Breaker Morant

The Beast(1988)
I believe Breaker Morant was the first trial over the question if there can be murder in war.

This one is good: (If you click on "watch on youtube") it will play

The Last Full Measure

Based on a true story

Auto Transport Service
Back