• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Was 68 Charger R/T a Scat Pack car?

Car #4

Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
Were all Charger R/Ts Scat Pack cars? If so where was the Scat Pack logo located?

Thanks Mike. So where was the Scat Pack logo? My guess is the back side window.

When I bought stickers, David Patik told me that scat pack stickers didn't start going on cars until '70..

Think ‘scat pack’ program started in 1970.

Maybe scat pack was earlier but I know rapid transit system was 1970 for sure?

Anyone know for certain to edumucate me……

Last edited:
Thanks Mike. So where was the Scat Pack logo? My guess is the back side window.

20160417_162539.jpg

Don't quote me but I think they are left and right and should be pointing forward.

Google says it started in 68 but maybe the bumble bee logo didn't start until 70.

Of course it was, along with the Coronet R/T and Dart GTS.

I have had several 69 Charger R/T cars with the scat pack stickers on the quarter windows.

I have had several 69 Charger R/T cars with the scat pack stickers on the quarter windows.
certainly, but who installed them?

I can only go by what David Patik told me when I was buying tail stripe and decals. He stated categorically "I'll sell them to your Wayne, but they didn't get put on cars by the factory until the '70 model year".

My understanding is the "Scat Pack" club was started in 68, but it was a deal where you would join by sending in a entry form to whoever handled it for Chrysler & they would mail out a packet with assorted "Stuff" decals, patches, flyers promoting hats & jackets... That continued through 69... Starting in 70 performance models got the decals applied on the assembly line..

My understanding is the "Scat Pack" club was started in 68, but it was a deal where you would join by sending in a entry form to whoever handled it for Chrysler & they would mail out a packet with assorted "Stuff" decals, patches, flyers promoting hats & jackets... That continued through 69... Starting in 70 performance models got the decals applied on the assembly line..
This is pretty much as I remember it as well. I was a member of the Scat Pack Club back in 1968. I bought my Charger R/T in California but became a member when I got home from the Navy. White Bear Dodge in St Paul MN was a sponsor and was where I joined. I believe it was in late summer of 1968. I remember receiving a bunch of stickers and a jacket (sew on) patch. I think maybe a White hat special cap too. Can't remember. 1968 was a long time ago. I know there were no scat pack stickers on my Charger quarter windows but there were on my 70 Challenger. All I have left are a couple stickers and the jackets. The jackets were not part of the membership though. I purchased them back in the 80's at the Nationals for my wife and I.

100_1227.JPG

100_7838.JPG

Was 68 a carry over of the rebellion yet? Or the tail end of it...?

Dodge Rebellion. Started in 66.
Charger was the Leader of the Dodge Rebellion.

Auto Transport Service
Back