• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wasn’t expecting this from 440 source !

Well, if it was a Chevy, you could’ve went to your local mini mart and picked one off the shelf. Right next to the matching oil pick up.

Lol!!

.........I spoke to the guy and told him I had a 402 pan and I had ordered the oil slinger so I asked and he said he had a pan that would fit and was a replacement for the 402 pan...........
So what was the 440 Source part number they sent you? Maybe you can help someone else avoid the same boondoggle.

Pan number is 200-1123
Was told it would replace 402 pan for b body satellite 1970
single gasket no windage tray

here’s a pic 402 pan and 440 source pan

2B89B28B-BD6C-4A73-80B0-6589980DA487.png 6A560048-E57F-4DB1-9317-80EC9A9FE6F5.jpeg

Pan number is 200-1123
Was told it would replace 402 pan for b body satellite 1970
single gasket no windage tray

here’s a pic 402 pan and 440 source pan

View attachment 1131195 View attachment 1131196

So you got rid of a four quart oil pan & got a 6 quart oil pan & your not happy......

Hope you enjoy your Pontiac cause parts for those aren't much easier to find than Mopar stuff....

So you got rid of a four quart oil pan & got a 6 quart oil pan & your not happy......

Hope you enjoy your Pontiac cause parts for those aren't much easier to find than Mopar stuff....

No no I just wanted a replacement 402 pan that was straight and new and they said this was it. So I’m just bothered about having to pay shipping back on an item I was told would fit and how they handled the situation. Is what it is

Lol I was kidding I like the car just not the hassles I’ve dealt with. I already have a 73 ta but that one has an ls3 and it’s almost ready to drive, Vette brakes, 6 speed auto and parts that fit first time. Just waiting on a drive shaft

6736C96F-8904-4763-993B-6FDDA1C500D2.png B8D91C49-9FA6-4938-86F4-8A2F7F337841.png

So i ordered an oil pan from 440 source in Nevada since I had ordered before and the fits been good on the parts I’ve bought from them and good service but this I wasn’t expecting.
I spoke to the guy and told him I had a 402 pan and I had ordered the oil slinger so I asked and he said he had a pan that would fit and was a replacement for the 402 pan. That’s awesome i ordered it and it gets here and it doesn’t fit!
So I call them and tell them that I was told it would fit well they say it should and I compare them side to side and they’re different.
I send love like they wanted and they finally admit that I have to buy they’re oil pick up tube ?! Oh so now I’m told this after the fact ?!
I told him i already installed mine and I have no use so I’d like to return and they tell me now I have to pay to ship it back ?! What the ?!
So now I’m going to have to call the credit card company and file a dispute.
I was not expecting this from these guys but oh well typical sales tactics.
Everything’s great when you order but as soon as somethings wrong they tell you to pound sand.
Just wanted to vent
I got everything to build the 512 from them and asked many questions and they we A plus. I’ve spoke to them a few times after for little stuff and still A plus. It surprises me too.

So the front of the Source bucket doesn't fit the K member or the oil pick-up strainer is the issue?

View attachment 1131260
My guess is the bucket part he says it’s the oil pick up. The other guy says it should fit (seems there’s two guys working there) regardless but there’s no way this will fit. guy one says modify or get the pick up tube I do t want to modify because once I do I own it and two they should have told me this before I purchase it or take the item back accept the mistake they made and cover shipping costs back

I used their 402 pan and matching pick up on my 470 with a QA1 k frame, fit perfectly.

I used their 402 pan and matching pick up on my 470 with a QA1 k frame, fit perfectly.
They said they didnt have a 402 pan and that the company that reproduced 402 pans went under but recommended the pan they sent would fit after I received the pan and verified it wouldn’t fit I was told I needed their pick up tube so I installed mine back and they’ll give me a refund if I pay for shipping on their mistake. I just wanted a pan that would fit that’s all

So this must be pretty recent then? I got mine years ago.

So this must be pretty recent then? I got mine years ago.
Yeah this was in the last three weeks. shame too because it’s a decent looking pan, now I’m stuck using mine again praying it doesn’t leak again

The pan you have will fit, takes a different pick up but it fits B & E body K members & it holds more oil which is a good thing...

Ain't no way I want a 402 pan on a 470 engine... If you suck the pan dry on a speed run things can get ugly... Couple extra quarts is a good safely margin....

It ran fine. No complaints. But since ya brought it up, I’ll double check to see what actually was used.

Auto Transport Service
Back