• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Water pump pulley spacing

TommyBoyGTX

Local time
4:27 AM
Reaction score
From what I am reading there is no black and white answer as to what the correct water pump pulley is per application. This is for a 1967 440 with power steering and no AC. I have two different pulleys that are slightly different sizes but they are so close to the water pump bolts just want to confirm this is normal. The bolt heads do not hit either pulley, but the spacing is minimal. Is this what most people see?

20231220_214553.jpg

20231220_214604.jpg

20231220_214647.jpg

20231220_214812.jpg

20231220_214832.jpg

Normal.
At least you have some proper looking bolts instead of the tall Allen head bolts that are supplied with some pumps

Looks normal to me, but it's close. I don't remember the pulley diameter.

I have a pulley from a 67 B engine, p/s no a/c. 6 7/8" diameter.

I did a quick measurement of the pulleys I have here and one is just under 6.75 and the other just under 7.00 inches. Thats measuring the actual outside diameter of the pulley. But either way if the bolt clearance does not look unusual to anyone I will just keep moving along.

U should be using a thin head bolt for mounting the water pump..
Tight clearance with the pulley...

Just my $0.02... :thumbsup:

On a related subject here....for this configuration (1967 Plymouth GTX, automatic, with power steering and no AC) what is the correct fan? 7 blade? With spacer or with fan clutch?

Don't go looking for trouble, you might find it.:lol:Looks normal but mount accessories then take a look.

Auto Transport Service
Back