• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Waterless Car Wash research

I use this regularly for waterless cleaning. I always try to keep 2 or 3 bottles on hand.

Meguiar's Ultimate Waterless Wash & Wax, G3626, 26 Oz - Walmart.com

I use this on the matte black stripes on the RR because the above will leave marks, even after hand polishing. This leaves no marks.

Meguiar's G200924 Ultimate Quik Wax - 24 oz. - Walmart.com
I have like 4 bottles of this stuff right now because local walmart put it on clearance for $5.
now it is on their shelves again.... walmart.....worked out for me though!

I used it on my Dakota, and I have used it on my all black '13 Charger. Excellent product.
I used the quick wax on the Dakota, it did work as advertised but was not a long lasting product IMO. But regular application it sure is easy to use with a good result.

I use Ultra Luster. None of the drawbacks Dri Wash has.

Pls school me a bit on the drawbacks of DrI Wash? I had just purchased it on Bill’s rec- for my 68 X - really didn’t get to use it because I sold the car. But as I noted earlier I now have a car I want to use a premier waterless product on. I still have the Dri wash but if there’s something better I’m all ears.…

I‘ve read your link here - sounds quite promising. My new ride is a 2024 BMW and came with some sort of paint protective coating whereby they advised I likely wouldn’t need to wax the car for something crazy like 8 yrs. It was already on the car so I didn’t pay extra at purchase. It’s a carbon fiber black so I want to keep it pristine and am not allowed to do any washing at my assoc. Of course I can do this sort of detail work.

If you would prefer not to list price here pls pm me. Thx!

Last edited:
Pls school me a bit on the drawbacks of DrI Wash?
Dri Wash will spot if not wiped off before it drys on softer surfaces big time.
I was a fan until the person that turned me on to dri wash turned me on to Ultraluster which is an acrylic resin.

Auto Transport Service
Back