• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Waterless Car Wash research

Billccm

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:17 AM
Reaction score
It seems what was considered rumors the past year are true. DriWash products are no longer being made, and the market is drying up with stock of product. I have been using DriWash products since my days as a distributor of the stuff way back in 1992. I have occasionally tried competitor products and always been disappointed. Most waterless car wash products cannot claim a direct replacement for a wash and wax as DriWash claims (and it is certainly true as that is all I have used for almost 30 years).

Anyhow I am visiting Barrett Jackson this January on a weekday to avoid the chaos and crowds and spend more time at demo/booths researching waterless car wash and rinseless car wash products. I know Adams, Chemical Guys, and Griots will be the high end brands with booths to demonstrate products. Depending on cost I may buy a few products and test them on my Guinea Pig Ranger.

I'll update with my findings, but in the meantime if you have tried any of the non DriWash brands of Waterless Car Wash please let me know your results/opinions.

Also, if you have tried the Rinseless Car Wash please do comment!

It seems what was considered rumors the past year are true. DriWash products are no longer being made, and the market is drying up with stock of product. ..................Anyhow I am visiting Barrett Jackson this January on a weekday to avoid the chaos and crowds and spend more time at demo/booths researching waterless car wash and rinseless car wash products. I know Adams, Chemical Guys, and Griots will be the high end brands with booths to demonstrate products.
Seems like the field is awash with competitors.

I just bought my first bottle of dry-wash ever, haven't tried it yet. I think it was chemical guys. (If I got the brand wrong, I will edit).
Edit: it is chemical guys. I might try it tomorrow if the weather cooperates. (Ice all over the truck this morning from yesterday's rain, in Arizona!)

Last edited:
It seems what was considered rumors the past year are true. DriWash products are no longer being made, and the market is drying up with stock of product. I have been using DriWash products since my days as a distributor of the stuff way back in 1992. I have occasionally tried competitor products and always been disappointed. Most waterless car wash products cannot claim a direct replacement for a wash and wax as DriWash claims (and it is certainly true as that is all I have used for almost 30 years).

Anyhow I am visiting Barrett Jackson this January on a weekday to avoid the chaos and crowds and spend more time at demo/booths researching waterless car wash and rinseless car wash products. I know Adams, Chemical Guys, and Griots will be the high end brands with booths to demonstrate products. Depending on cost I may buy a few products and test them on my Guinea Pig Ranger.

I'll update with my findings, but in the meantime if you have tried any of the non DriWash brands of Waterless Car Wash please let me know your results/opinions.
On your recommendation I purchased some dry wash product as I was no longer allowed to wash my cars at my condo. Most importantly was my X which I would never take to a local car wash no matter their records. I didn’t use it much and since sold the car but have a supply of the product - I just purchased new black vehicle - which I’m not keen on taking to a car wash either. I’d like to be confident that your product will help me keep my new ride clean without any concerns.
What do you say Bill?

We just bought Dri Wash N Guard Classic from Wallmart in October 2023. Pricey, but we use it in our hot tub and bathroom at the cabin. Our water has so much iron, that it will turn the tub surround and tub red. Try them. It was shipped from the USA.

On your recommendation I purchased some dry wash product as I was no longer allowed to wash my cars at my condo. Most importantly was my X which I would never take to a local car wash no matter their records. I didn’t use it much and since sold the car but have a supply of the product - I just purchased new black vehicle - which I’m not keen on taking to a car wash either. I’d like to be confident that your product will help me keep my new ride clean without any concerns.
What do you say Bill?
As long as your driwash didn't freeze it should be fine to use on your new car. Just remember driwash only works successfully when you use the proper towels.

Driwash is a replacement for a wash and wax. Other than thick mud, driwash can clean and shine a car totally without water. Bird dropping, tree sap, tar, oil, grease, road grime can be cleaned off the car's finish without water. A polymer type wax protection is left after buffing.

Driwash is not a quick detailer although it can be used as one. It's not a cheap product so I always discouraged users from using it as a quick detailer.

Are you a distributor? The product looks almost like a driwash clone. Appreciate the information.
It is I am a distributor. I signed up just so I could buy it. Been using it for 10-15 years. Use it on my daily, classic, race car and Harley. It wont scratch window tint either. I dont really sell but to family and friends. My ID is Frankk k. Two K’s on my first name.

Kiwigtx brought up the
product I use. For heavy
deposits of mud/dirt, it
doesn't matter how good
your waterless product is.
It's inevitable that a stream
of cold water is required to
remove the big stuff.
A good (thick) microfiber
detailing towel is a must
when using the Quick Detail
from Meguiars.