• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weeping heater hose

68 HEMI GTS

Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
anyone else ran into this when the car sits. This is second set (different place) that's done the same ****.

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

Never saw anything like that. Is it coolant coming out or condensation?

Coolant is coming out, if I wipe them with a papertowel it's green.

Most I've seen are a smoother surface not a braided pattern. I see they're labeled heater hose.

Are you useing the standard 50/50 green antifreeze, any additives?

WOW! First time I've ever seen or heard of that.

Have you had the car long enough to be sure that there is no residual snake oil in the system?

Well yea, I've had 2 different Motors in the car I've personnaly built and 2 different radiator/cooling systems. I know the car very very well. And it's probably on it's 4th round off coolant since 2012.

Have you tried silicone hose? I haven't, it's a suggestion.

Weirdest crap I've ever seen man. Same brand coolant everytime?

I've only seen very old heater hoses develop pin hole leaks.

Weirdest crap I've ever seen man. Same brand coolant everytime?

Used peak last go around. Think that's probably what I've put in it previous times also. The radiator hose is fine. Very weird. I moved the car last week and literally wiped and dried them off.

I gotta do some work on the car anyway, I'll dump the engine, radiator and try a different brand with the silicone hoses.

Looks like you are using Gates premium heater hose. I am using the same, never had any issues.

Just curious, and I think you would notice if this was happening, but do you have auto trans with cooler lines to your radiator? Just know that oils and hydraulic fluids will cause heater hose to sweat and break down from the inside, so by chance if you have auto with cooler lines have you checked for trans fluid in the coolant?

I run a seperate cooler from the radiator. But that was a good thought.

Wow, my first guess is that you've got a leak where the hoses clamp to the heater core since coolant flows downhill.

Regarding silicone hoses, are you sure you don't have silicone hoses already? They're usually blue colored, but here's why I ask. Silicone hoses & gaskets can deteriorate from exposure to 2-ethylhexanoic acid, which is in DexCool & Peak Long Life green antifreeze.

Having said that.... I still think you've got a small leak "uphill" of those heater hoses.

Mine did that too. Only when it sat for months not running in the winter. Summer time they where dry as a bone never lost any coolant. (Until the heater core went)

Just ran home mix of prestone green coolant. No uphill leaks on mine, no puddles no coolant smell or steam they just seemed to sweat. Mine where a local parts store brand of heater hose.

Wow, my first guess is that you've got a leak where the hoses clamp to the heater core since coolant flows downhill.

Regarding silicone hoses, are you sure you don't have silicone hoses already? They're usually blue colored, but here's why I ask. Silicone hoses & gaskets can deteriorate from exposure to 2-ethylhexanoic acid, which is in DexCool & Peak Long Life green antifreeze.

Having said that.... I still think you've got a small leak "uphill" of those heater hoses.

Positive I don't have a leak

Auto Transport Service
Back