• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome all, New to FBBO from New Zealand

Texasnz

Local time
5:44 AM
Reaction score
Kia ora all, i recently signed up on this site and have found it great well done to those who make this happen.

Three years ago i decided to search for a Mopar and came across a 1969 Dodge Charger for sale at BlueLine Classics Ohio, they did have two of them at the time both Orange with an 01 on the doors, one had a 426 Hemi & the other a SB 318 code B5 charger which was non numbers matching basically a doer upper and needing work, i did call them to discuss the condition and details i decided to make an offer on it and scored it for 10K less then asking price so the journey began.

Maybe you guys in Ohio could have seen this driving around who knows?

Pic Loading on to transporter at Blueline Classics heading to CA to ship to Tauranga Port NZ
09.03.2017 Leaving Ohio.JPG

Picked up at Mt Maunganui Port Tauranga NZ five weeks after leaving USA
P70503-141719.jpg

The 318 ran great but had a huge cam which sounded awsum
318 Dodge Charger.JPG

Interior needed work, Bucket seats are not correct
IMG_5839.JPG

I have been working on the car since arriving, upgrading all suspension parts, re-wiring, Full Front floor pan, new seat belts, dash upgrade etc, Its been for LVV certification / compliance and just needs a couple of items completed to pass, I managed to score a set of 14" Vector 10 spoke rims Made by Carroll Shelby Industries (CSI) from a Mopar guy in South Island NZ, alot of parts i buy from Rock Autos USA, since registering on here i have purchase a rear RH lower corner trim from the Mopar classifieds on this site, Great stuff guys thumbs up

Overall she's structurally sound, has most parts and is a good start for a great ride.

20180909_143849.jpg

Way to go on making a deal that worked for you and welcome to the site. You’ll find you’ve got some countrymen on here as well. Good luck with your ride. :thumbsup:

Looks like you found a great car - welcome from Pennsylvania!

Welcome from Missouri!! Very nice and sounds ready to go!!

Welcome from Michigan, the Motor City! 440'

Awesome car you purchased and welcome from Michigan:drinks:

welcome and thats a sweet charger :thumbsup:

Hi there Taxasnz, :welcome:
Thanks for the descriptive introduction, and you get extra points for all the great pictures!

Hello from California!

Hi there, great car you have, welcome to the site. I just moved from the Mount to Germany for work. Where abouts are you? There are a lot of great people on this site with plenty of knowledge.

Welcome aboard Sir, from the middle of the mitten!

Auto Transport Service
Back