• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welder up Garage Charger.....

That's different......just not my kind of different. Did you see the Charger in last months HR issue? It didn't grab me either but did like the Javelin....

Doing that to a Charger should be a mortal sin!!! Maybe an Elcamino or Ranchero but a 2nd gen Charger:wtf:

I saw this at MATS last year. Interesting project but I do NOT understand why they had to trash a Charger to do it.

I saw this at MATS last year. Interesting project but I do NOT understand why they had to trash a Charger to do it.
Did you read the article where it states that they came across the hacked up wreck in a salvage yard?

Did you read the article where it states that they came across the hacked up wreck in a salvage yard?
I'm thinking if it was good enough to save for doing what they did, it was good enough to save it as it should have been saved.....at least imo.

That thing was pretty well hacked on before they got ahold of it. I think they did a good job of red necking it for a country music video shoot.

The javelin yes. Charger no. This charger also no. I love jacked up 4x4
Trucks. I even had a buddy I helped put an 84 Camaro body on a K5 blazer chassis. It was cool kinda. Mostly white trash. But fun, he beat on it. This I just can’t get behind......

Yeah, what a waste !!! They should have painted it orange and put a rebel flag on the roof !!

Does everyone realize the car was BUTCHERED, hell, some dumbasses cut the roof for t tops! It would’ve required a new roof, quarters, fenders, and a host of other **** to get it decent. In my opinion, they did alright.

Seen that show made me sick they destroyed it more then it was but each to there own

Was in Vegas a couple years back. Stopped in at the Welder Up shop. Very personable guys. Got a full shop tour. Talked cars and politics for an hour or better (Obama was still Potus). Not what I would do to a 68 but they probably did save it from the crusher and it is a pretty cool build.

Does everyone realize the car was BUTCHERED, hell, some dumbasses cut the roof for t tops! It would’ve required a new roof, quarters, fenders, and a host of other **** to get it decent. In my opinion, they did alright.
That does make me feel better. I'm pretty good about being open minded but some things still bother me like Chevy engines in Ford's or Mopars.... muscle cars jacked up on 4x4 frames etc. Yes it's cool but still bugs me.

That was an old build from last season IIRC
different build for sure, it was a completely trashed Charger already at-least
for what it is, it was pretty cool...
Built specifically to look like a apocalyptic car, specifically for a video...
It is what it is, I like the show most of the time too...
Just not what I'd choose to do with a 68 Charger...
The twin blown/chain driven diesel was different...

Hmmm....i have a rusty 68 charger and a rusty chebbie 3/4 ton 4x4 with a good frame....

i watched that episode they apologized for the butchering and most of it was already done, and probably would have rotted away. chain driven twin blowers with turbos that's a bad *** Frankenstein charger. i would drive the **** out of that.

That's different......just not my kind of different. Did you see the Charger in last months HR issue? It didn't grab me either but did like the Javelin....
cranky you familiar with this? do you attend?
IMG_20180303_192132[1].jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back