• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well, another bad weekend.

I slept in a recliner for weeks after my first hip replacement. Much more comfortable than the bed.
I agree with the others - ask for more pain management if things don't keep improving.

I’m phoning around today to get some answers. Apparently the Walmart here at home changed there fax number. So the script may be in outer space some where along with the fax number. Kim

Not too bad of a night again. With no pain meds the pain is wearing me down being in constant pain.i got some Tylenols here that I’m gonna break into as I hate pain. Kim

I talked to the hospital and the Dr. never prescribed any pain meds or antibiotics. I don’t understand why that would be. I sure don’t need any infections. Kim

Kim - I learned with my first hip replacement that they sometimes throw you out of the hospital with incomplete instructions for your home care. In my case, they didn't tell me to keep my surgical leg elevated. I know, maybe that's obvious to some, but that was my first surgery of any kind. After my leg swelled up with a lot of pain, a doctor my wife called told her to get me in a recliner and elevate the leg. It's not hard to believe someone missed prescribing you the right pain medication. Push them for answers.

Oh man, just saw this post a bit ago. First off, I have a memory foam mattress and I love it but sometimes it's not real easy to get out of it in the middle of the night to go....you know....but my back very rarely hurts anymore unless I stay in it too long. Never have liked a hard mattresses and this MF mattress isn't too soft for me at least. And for sure, check with that doc for meds you should be taking. I'm not a pill freak and never have been but will take something for pain when needed and the same way with antibiotics but usually take 1/2 of what's prescribed and that works most of the time for me. Everyone's body is different and only you know what usually works for you. Hope you get well real soon! Never any fun doing this stuff.....

@oldkimmer
Get well soon!
IMG_4599.gif
IMG_3926.gif
IMG_3890.gif
IMG_3677.gif
IMG_3277.gif
IMG_3259.gif
IMG_3195.gif
IMG_3071.gif
IMG_2329.gif
IMG_2199.gif

Oh man, just saw this post a bit ago. First off, I have a memory foam mattress and I love it but sometimes it's not real easy to get out of it in the middle of the night to go....you know....but my back very rarely hurts anymore unless I stay in it too long. Never have liked a hard mattresses and this MF mattress isn't too soft for me at least. And for sure, check with that doc for meds you should be taking. I'm not a pill freak and never have been but will take something for pain when needed and the same way with antibiotics but usually take 1/2 of what's prescribed and that works most of the time for me. Everyone's body is different and only you know what usually works for you. Hope you get well real soon! Never any fun doing this stuff.....
I phoned the Dr. today. He said he didn’t prescribe any meds or antibiotics as I don’t need them. Kim

It's been a week since your last post. how are you feeling now Kim?

Hi Dave, kinda going backwards. More pain and soreness. Just went to get the staples out. My Dr. only took every other one out as he said that it needs mor time to heal. I kinda figured that. Seems like some of the pain is relieved. Kim

Hi Dave, kinda going backwards. More pain and soreness. Just went to get the staples out. My Dr. only took every other one out as he said that it needs mor time to heal. I kinda figured that. Seems like some of the pain is relieved. Kim
Good to hear that you are on the mend, Kim.

man kim , is this related to that slip n fall on the ice ? man dude i'm so sorry to read this about your ordeal . wishing you a fast and easy recovery .

Sorry you're going backwards Kim, but it sounds like there is no infection which is good. You'll probably feel better once the last of the staples come out.

man kim , is this related to that slip n fall on the ice ? man dude i'm so sorry to read this about your ordeal . wishing you a fast and easy recovery .
The Dr. that did my surgery suspects that could be a real possibility but he wasn’t the one that checked me the month b4. I really wasn’t feeling very good on that side since my slip and fall. I was just getting worse each passing day. When I think back to my fall I’m thinking it may of well be the start of this episode. But then again I’m no Dr.

Sorry you're going backwards Kim, but it sounds like there is no infection which is good. You'll probably feel better once the last of the staples come out.
I hope this weekend I get a lot better. The rest of the staples will come out on Tuesday if the Dr. likes what he see’s.

yes at are age any fall can lead to a term of healing , so please take it easy as you can . and get better .

Actually I’m a little better today. The dr. removed half my staples yesterday along my incision and it feels a lot better. The dr. said the body doesn’t like any foreign objects in it.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back