• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well, I finally bought one

696pack

Local time
12:08 PM
Reaction score
After months of searching for a 1966 Charger I pulled the trigger on this one.

The good:
Original 383 car with PS,PB,PW. Nice car.
The not so good:
Originally Med. Turquoise metallic (same color as my 66 Hemi Coronet) now black cherry color (which I like) with factory White interior.
No A/C.
Auto trans car.

I will convert it to 4 speed with my existing 523 stroker motor and 4 speed trans that I am also going to put the Passon Performance 4 speed overdrive gear assembly in. and I will add the A/C with a Classic Air kit.
I will then have an extra 66 date coded 383-4 and auto trans for sale if anyone is looking for one.

I will be lining up the shipping on Monday and hope to have the car within a week or two.

I paid $9800. plus $676. shipping and when it is done with what I will do to it I will have about $16K in it.

Here is the address I copied and pasted from the Ebay auction I first saw the car in. I don't know why it doesn't show here as a link and I tried to copy and paste it in my browser and it could not find it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

This is the Ebay item # and that may work if you search on Ebay with it.

Congrat's, Looks like a nice car. Hope you'll post a picture when you get it the way you want it, Glad you finally found the right one..

Congrats! Looks like a very nice car!
You seem to have the 67 hub caps, I'm interested in those in case you decide you don't need them.
Cheers, Martin

Congrat's, Looks like a nice car. Hope you'll post a picture when you get it the way you want it, Glad you finally found the right one..

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I will take pictures of it when I get it LOOKING the way I want it. The mechanical things will take longer and really won't LOOK much different then the way the car is now.

I really wanted a 4 speed car so I did not have to go through the time and expense of converting it and also wanted one with A/C already there but in 5 months of searching I could not find one that fit the bill in nice condition for a reasonable price. In fact, it is really hard to find a factory 383-4 4 speed car with A/C let alone one in good condition in a color I was interested in.

Congrats 696pack! Looks like a nice car. Are you going to stick with the color it is now or change it up eventually? I like the original color combo on that one.

I can't believe the price for that what a deal congrats man you made out well on that one good job!

Sonny thinks you score BIG TIME!
these 1st gen' chargers will be stepping up
the ladder like the early mustangs did...
In just a few years they will be hitting 50 Years old,
and people will realize or grasp and understand what
the concept (aerodynamics) & style impact this
car has made on all performance car$!

it also is an acquired taste....:headbang:

Congrats 696pack! Looks like a nice car. Are you going to stick with the color it is now or change it up eventually? I like the original color combo on that one.

No, too big a job to do right and too expensive. I like both colors but it will stay the color it is.

Thanks to all who are commenting.

I think I paid a fair price for the car and that is is no GREAT deal on my end. These cars have always been very soft price wise and unlikely that will change anytime soon.

They are a love em or hate em car.

I bought it so I can try to get down to just ONE vehicle. I will drive it every day and you could easily see it with the seats and trunk panels folded down with me hauling lumber in it from Home Depot. They are a very versitle car with enough room with the seats and trunk panel folded down for 2 people to sleep in if I decide to go camping with it.

love the fisrt gen Chargers. Looks like you did well.
I think I've seen pics of your Lil Red over on the 'parts. Love that truck!

love the fisrt gen Chargers. Looks like you did well.
I think I've seen pics of your Lil Red over on the 'parts. Love that truck!

Yes, I will be getting the LRET ready to sell here in the next couple of months and actively marketing it. There are a few things I want to do to it first.

I would have liked to sell you my 66 hemi 4 spd Charger but it's more than $10K!

Congrats on the purchase and looks like you did well, especially for not having to do anything to the body or interior. For a mechanical guy like me this is a dream project (no sanding bondo!). A classic MoPar in good condition and eventually built the way YOU want it - all for $16K. We have a winner!

That charger with that motor and trans is going to be a whole lot of fun! Looks like a solid foundation.

I saw a 66 charger done up as a NASCAR clone/ tribute and it was so sweet. The guy did a really authentic job with the period style roll cage, seats, window rivets and way more. I know that's not what you are going for but man, that particular car made me really appreciate the racy style of those early chargers.

I would have liked to sell you my 66 hemi 4 spd Charger but it's more than $10K!

Congrats on the purchase and looks like you did well, especially for not having to do anything to the body or interior. For a mechanical guy like me this is a dream project (no sanding bondo!). A classic MoPar in good condition and eventually built the way YOU want it - all for $16K. We have a winner!

Your Charger is nice but I don't need another Hemi car, infact I no longer need the one I have.

Yeah, It should be a fun car when I get it home and get done with it.

Auto Transport Service
Back