• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

well, i just got scammed

jprather

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:10 PM
Reaction score
I knew better, but didnt trust my gut. I " bought " rear trim for my car, I got a message from a fellow FBBO member that his "freind" had the trim I was looking for, i cannt remember his name on here and the message from him is now gone from my inbox. I sent him 100.00, then i found the pics he sent to me on any ebay add for mopatrs r us. my fault, I know better than to even respond to"my friend has them, he's just not a member here"..

1st time i have ever been scammed and fell for it, the user name from FBBO showed he was a member for 3 yrs, but I cannot find his name.. just beware everyone else

Last edited:
Sorry to hear. We want to be able to trust people, and then it is so disappointing when it turns out you cannot.
What were you looking for?

rear trim for my 72 charger.. both sides, just upsetwith my self that i fell for this

yiYg.&owa=outlook.office.com&scriptVer=20230421002.jpg

I am, I dont understand the PM being gone, not in my inbox or my deleted box

Maybe you can find out via the way you sent the money to him?

Thanks, I have heard a few stories of people being scammed or potentially scammed in the parts wanted section lately.

yea, the " my freind has them" should have been a BIG RED FLAG, seriously pissed at myself right now

I have some but they probably aren't much better than the ones you have.

Well that sucks.

I dont have any at all, that was the picture he sent me

I knew better, but didnt trust my gut. I " bought " rear trim for my car, I got a message from a fellow FBBO member that his "freind" had the trim I was looking for, i cannt remember his name on here and the message from him is now gone from my inbox. I sent him 100.00, then i found the pics he sent to me on any ebay add for mopatrs r us. my fault, I know better than to even respond to"my friend has them, he's just not a member here"..

1st time i have ever been scammed and fell for it, the user name from FBBO showed he was a member for 3 yrs, but I cannot find his name.. just beware everyone else

Patricia Austin
Yup, that's the typical way they do it. Always check to see how many posts they have and if none or only a couple and they say their friend or another member has them, start asking questions and make a note of their user name. Is Patricia Austin the user name? If it is, nothing comes up in the system and I don't have access to anyone's email that they used to sign up with. And the 'stopforumspam' site doesn't any info on the email or the name.

Hate to hear that. Many of us try our best to be as honest and up front as possible while lowlifes like that kill the trust factor when doing deals with legit people. Hopefully you can remember part of their username. Strange that it disappeared from your inbox, even if they leave the convo it normally stays in there for the other person.

no patricia Austim is his wifes name for Zelle payment, I knew better ! I cannot find his name

Hate to hear that. Many of us try our best to be as honest and up front as possible while lowlifes like that kill the trust factor when doing deals with legit people. Hopefully you can remember part of their username. Strange that it disappeared from your inbox, even if they leave the convo it normally stays in there for the other person.
yea, thats what I thought also

no patricia Austim is his wifes name for Zelle payment, I knew better ! I cannot find his name
Not sure how they can delete their name from a PM.....something maybe the site owner or his admin can answer?

Auto Transport Service
Back