• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

well, i just got scammed

No hits when searching forum. Web search shows he was on here though and a BMW forum where he was also called out. Whenever I see a gmail account, that's an auto red flag and another one is Zelle or Cashapp payments as there is virtually no buyer protection on those which is why they're used for the most part. Even though PayPal charges 4% for business transactions, at least a person can get their money back if they never receive what they bought.
s216.png

Lesson learned. I feel like such a dumbass . I remember seeing a warning on here a while back about the " my freind has what your looking for "

Can you request money using Zelle?

If so we can ALL send requests for money from the thief.
Everyday...

Sad, truly sad...

caveat emptor (buyer beware)
& then NOW
we have at a min. 2 guys using it (the classifieds here)
as here as their personal overpriced, rusty, old, dirty parts listings/business platform
1 item at a time, 1 page at a time most days
been going for months now
covering the 1st page or two in the classifieds
(albeit 1 isn't like the other, he has some decent Hemi stuff, he's hawking)

1 that don't answer most questions either
only a matter of time

parts gouging & the flippers
almost nothing worse

Flipper Giff.gif

Last edited:
It's a lot easier to rob someone with a mouse instead of a gun. No guilt,they don't have to face you, a lot less chance of getting caught or beaten!

no patricia Austim is his wifes name for Zelle payment, I knew better ! I cannot find his name
Scammer. Anything like this should be reported immediately. I got a spammer this morning. Somebody reported a suspicious PM stating that a friend had the parts they needed. I looked the sending member up and their IP address was from Russia. I hit the spam button immediately which removes all traces.

Anything suspicious HIT THE REPORT BUTTON!!!

as here as their personal overpriced, rusty, old, dirty parts listings/business platform
I could go on a whole rant about that lol. I understand doing it to fund a project but to run a business trips me out. Like used car lots posing as private sellers on marketplace to sell a vehicle. I search high and low for good deals or package deals to list at or below what similar ones have sold for and still end up sitting on it lmao. Good thing I got a buddy up in Illinois who buys most of my parts.

Sad, truly sad...

caveat emptor (buyer beware)
& then NOW
been going for months now
(albeit 1 isn't like the other, he has some decent Hemi stuff, he's hawking)

only a matter of time

parts gouging & the flippers
almost nothing worse

View attachment 1458755
RS JUST SAYING

found it !! he no longer shows asa member, but, i did check when he pm'ed me. showed member since 2020

Slighte216 started a new conversation with you at For B Bodies Only Classic Mopar Forum.

72 Charger Se Rallye Rear Quarter Bumper Reveal Trim

Still not getting any results on the system here....but the stopforumspam site does have that user name listed as 'hot' It also lists Toxic IP address or "bad" email domain

Anybody can use that site to check out user names and email addresses......

27-Apr-23 01:46
Slighte216[email protected] Singapore

No hits when searching forum. Web search shows he was on here though and a BMW forum where he was also called out. Whenever I see a gmail account, that's an auto red flag and another one is Zelle or Cashapp payments as there is virtually no buyer protection on those which is why they're used for the most part. Even though PayPal charges 4% for business transactions, at least a person can get their money back if they never receive what they bought.
View attachment 1458709
Where did you go to find that?? Was that a post on the site here?

I just searched his name through an internet search and those popped up
Well, that's one thing I didn't do.....easy too. Thanks but the majority of the time, they don't show up on a regular net search. Makes me wonder if some if not most are using the dark web for this crap and now I know why he wasn't showing up on any of the searches here. It's because he was banned last Wednesday by Mike.....

Well, that's one thing I didn't do.....easy too. Thanks but the majority of the time, they don't show up on a regular net search. Makes me wonder if some if not most are using the dark web for this crap.
They use apps like Whatsapp too. I had to warn my friend in Illinois about it too. He found some pages on Instagram running the same scam - fake profiles and stealing images from Ebay/Craigslist/Marketplace and listing as their own for dirt cheap and wanted me to check them out so I did and sure enough one of their very first posts on IG was of a car with European license plates they were selling. That's why they target listings of people and ask for codes so they can use that code for that person's phone number and create a new gmail account. There's been national news stories about this stuff too and it's a multi-billion dollar scheme going on. If the FEDS were worth a ****, they'd go after these people but we've all seen what they're more worried about lately.

I knew better, but didnt trust my gut. I " bought " rear trim for my car, I got a message from a fellow FBBO member that his "freind" had the trim I was looking for, i cannt remember his name on here and the message from him is now gone from my inbox. I sent him 100.00, then i found the pics he sent to me on any ebay add for mopatrs r us. my fault, I know better than to even respond to"my friend has them, he's just not a member here"..

1st time i have ever been scammed and fell for it, the user name from FBBO showed he was a member for 3 yrs, but I cannot find his name.. just beware everyone else
Website Suggestions and Questions There are 2 threads about the subject pinned to this forum.

They use apps like Whatsapp too. I had to warn my friend in Illinois about it too. He found some pages on Instagram running the same scam - fake profiles and stealing images from Ebay/Craigslist/Marketplace and listing as their own for dirt cheap and wanted me to check them out so I did and sure enough one of their very first posts on IG was of a car with European license plates they were selling. That's why they target listings of people and ask for codes so they can use that code for that person's phone number and create a new gmail account. There's been national news stories about this stuff too and it's a multi-billion dollar scheme going on. If the FEDS were worth a ****, they'd go after these people but we've all seen what they're more worried about lately.
I'm aware of a lot of that mess as I've been dealing with it for many years as a mod on other forums. I've even been the target of some of them and actually got the local law enforcement on a case that was pretty bad and they made an arrest. It was a 'local' scammer that wasn't very bright was doing pretty good for being an amature. Most likely a loner trying to jump into the big time game. It's a crazy game with pros and amatures playing it. No matter how much you learn about them, they find ways to fake others out.....

So sorry to hear. There are no 100% safe havens. Especially in dealings online. At least it was for a somewhat lower amount? We have all heard FAR worse of those who lost BIG.

I just helped a guy that got took for thousands. Believing he was talking with Amazon. And believe it or not? He is also an IT guy.

So like the 100% no safe place? Nobody is 100% ammuned from being scammed. Unless you totally stop all commerce in your life. (Which of course is totally unrealistic.) You can be scammed right at the checkout isle of a trusted store. The most scary? Is being scammed and never knowing it.

I know it stings, but we learn and move on.

Auto Transport Service
Back