• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well wouldn't you know it....

SnowMonkVX

Local time
2:07 PM
Reaction score
The freaking clock works!

Going through and repairing or testing all the various bits of my '67 'Barn Find' Charger, and of the many things added / spliced into it over the past 55 years is an original Charger / Cornet console clock. I polished the thing up shortly after I bought the car and was cleaning everything, but never in ever did I imagine I'd get it working. I found out it's a '66 year clock, with the electroeluminecent style lighting, no bulbs. I found a small piece broken off inside it, which after some investigation, and finesse, was able to solder it back into place. Hooked the leads up to a bench test auto battery, and wouldn't you know it, thing started ticking. A little lube and some cleaning, and it's ticking right along. Haven't checked it against a stopwatch or anything, but just that I was able to repair it in the first place has me beside myself with the neat factor.

PXL_20230529_022401922.jpg
PXL_20230529_022421515.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back