• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Went to the dark side boys

Some interior pix
20240412_093517.jpg
20240412_093504.jpg
20240412_093115.jpg
20240412_093134.jpg
20240412_093328.jpg
20240412_093126.jpg
20240412_093409.jpg

Nice Ride! I started at a Buick dealer back in 78 and there were a handful of those old cruisers still around. Great cars!

Those GM interiors wore like iron. A Mopar one would be in tatters.

Great score - and I agree with making it a nice driver!

I had the same thing happen to me. I was able to buy a 69 Corvette at a deal I couldn't refuse. It had 30,606 original miles. I am cleaning up the interior and some leaks (hell, it's a Corvette, so they ALL leak!). Once that is done, I'm going to drive it as a near daily driver (won't do salt and snow though).

20230408_113742.jpg

Weren’t some of the nail heads aluminum?

Weren’t some of the nail heads aluminum?
The aluminum engines were put in the small Buick Specials. Only 215 c.i., they were never put into the big cars. The tooling was eventually sold to BMC in England, and was used in a lot of things over there. Notably, the Rover 3500, Triumph Stag, V-8 Morgan, and MG. The engine was compact and light, just the thing for British sports cars.

This sucker's got bucket seats with a console sporting a tach! It keeps gettin' gooder 'n gooder!!

Congrats, great score, should be fun too...

I like some of the Buicks, early to mid 60's & to about 72-ish

I love Rivieras 63-64 & 65 GS (my favorite) & also 67-68 GS especially

I love the GS's, GSX's, GN's & GNX's (Darth Vader)

Had a few Jeeps with Dauntless odd fire 225cid v6s too
just helped restore on from my neighbor a couple years back now...

One of my best friends had a 70 (IIRC) GS Stage 1 455 auto Convert.
Black with white top/interior, fun fast car, torque monster
run mid 13s as it sat, fun cool ride, cruiser in style...

My step dad Bob was into hot-rodding Buicks & Nailheads, early-mid 60's
he had a 35 Ford f50 PU Hotrod with a 401cid/425tq Wildcat, LeSal Trans,
Dana-60 rear like 4.10:1s, that thing was fast & light...

My granddad was a Buick man too, had them from the 40's thru his death
many were company cars/executive lease he was a VP/Engineer 44 years for Shell Oil
In Aug. 99, I inherited his 1997 LeSabre, 12k miles on it, mint, loaded leather
all silver, inside & out (I didn't really need another family car, it was nice to drive')
But;
in Nov. of 99, I traded it in on my current 1999 Dakota SLT 4x4 + $5,400 cash
I still have & drive today...
Thanks Granddad...

My father had a few too, mostly Skylarks 64-67 all V8s, 2) of which convert.s
I fondly remember riding in them, top down up to the lake or camping,
or pulling his boat, with the dog/s Barren or Flash in the car farting,
while we gained altitude :poke:

You can say I have some history with Buicks

Last edited:
Nice find, my first car in 1963 was a 51 Buick Special 2 door sedan, straight 8 dynoflow two speed automatic. I kept it until 1967 when I bought my first new Mopar. It wasn't fast, but was very dependable.

one of my eldest son's friends father owned this but hasn't been able to drive it for about ten years. He wanted me to buy it because he knew j wouldn't part it out. Which I won't but I make back into a driver. It is a 1964 Buick Wildcat convertible with a 401. It has some cool options like a buick tissue dispenser and the glass bottle under the hood. It also has a plate on the dash that looks original and says it was built for some guy whose name I cannot recall directly.
But for 1500 I had to, could not pass it up. I have seen it drive although I haven't driven it.
View attachment 1645091View attachment 1645092View attachment 1645093View attachment 1645094
Nice cruiser.
These days and times
require any past American
iron be preserved. Even if
it's a Chevy Vega.
Glad to see this part of
history still lives.

You bought a 401 Wildcat that looks to need zero body work and a clean interior, buckets+console, CONVERTIBLE for $1500.

That would be a once in a lifetime buy 35 years ago, much less now.

I will give you $2000 for it. Cash money :)
I am kidding. That is a righteous burnouts Friday cheeseburger good times tire destroyer you should enjoy and hand off to your kids later. It doesn't need anything, but you might want to see about upgrading the brakes to something more potent so there is enough WHOA to go with the GO.

Great score! Interior is in fantastic shape for it's age.

That’s a great wildcat. There were 3 trim options, this one has the most expensive one with the buckets and console. I think there were two 401 engines available on that too.

It needs a new top and some minor body work
The first thing will be to upgrade the master cylinder and put discs on the front.
Each one of my sons are already angling for it.
Lol I ain't dead yet

Auto Transport Service
Back