• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Went to the Drags last night...nearly

66 Sat

Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
I've wanted to drag my car since it's been on the road (3 years now) but the local track wouldn't let me run with lap belts. I finally fitted 3 point belts so was all set to go. I did some extensive prep work yesterday morning (checked the oil and coolant, cleaned the windshield), then set out on the 75 mile trip west.
It had been hot and sunny all day but by the late afternoon a huge storm was brewing. The storm was to the south and was heading for the track but we kept going hoping it wouldn't hit. We had left late (long story) and by the time we arrived the storm was right there. Cars were hightailing it outta there as we arrived. Most people had done 3 or 4 runs so they called it a night and closed the track.
We headed home but were getting boxed in by the storm which was growing. We drove the last 40 minutes in huge rain bit made it home safe. Those BF Goodrich Radial T/As are useless in the wet, like driving on ice.
Oh well, Maybe next time.
20211204_182642.jpg

20211204_192157.jpg

Resized_20211204_183333_1530.jpeg

Resized_20211204_183315_2568.jpeg

Well now you got the car prepped, so you’re ready for the next track time, which I’m sure is just around the corner! It’s a lot of fun.

By the way, what do you got for gas down there? Ethanol blends, or straight gas, and what octanes can you normally get at the pump?

I don't get the no lap belt rule. You're running stock seats and slower than 11s I presume?

Bummer Dude! Still a good outing, share your next adventure too!

Hope you'll have some time slips to bring home on your next outing. Show us some pics of your dragway down there if you will. Happy Holidays!

Well now you got the car prepped, so you’re ready for the next track time, which I’m sure is just around the corner! It’s a lot of fun.

By the way, what do you got for gas down there? Ethanol blends, or straight gas, and what octanes can you normally get at the pump?
Petrol (gas) here comes in 91, 95 or 98 and you can get 93? with 10% ethanol (I'm not sure on this as I never use it).
Our ratings are on a different system though, so 98 is not as potent as it sounds.

I don't get the no lap belt rule. You're running stock seats and slower than 11s I presume?
Makes no sense to me either. The car is fully road legal with lap belts only, but that's the track rules.
Stock seats and optimistically running 14's haha.

well mission aborted
better luck next trip/time

you got to drive it 150+ MILES

Auto Transport Service
Back