• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Were do you install the big washers included with edelbrock rpm head 60829

CRAIGXLH1

Local time
4:36 PM
Reaction score
studs ser.jpg
Were do you install the big washers included with edelbrock rpm head 60829
I have a set of edelbrock rpm head 60829 for my 440 each of the heads come with 2 studs and nuts and 2 big curve washers set come with
I see were the two studs go but were do those 2 washers go and what side does the curve
side of washer go. thank you

Last edited:
Mine didn't come with any head studs and don't think they do, I bought the ARP stud kit specifically for RPM heads (ARP1454206).
Looking at the instructions for the 929s it says they supplied two rockershaft hold down studs, they go on the two inboard pedestals marked S ( see last page of down load). Curved washers I think go on the bottom as a shim if needed I believe.

Attachments

• 350-60839.pdf
    621.3 KB · Views: 145
  • 350-60929 (1).pdf
    78.3 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
Mine didn't come with any head studs and don't think they do, I bought the ARP stud kit specifically for RPM heads (ARP1454206).
Looking at the instructions for the 929s it says they supplied two rockershaft hold down studs, they go on the two inboard pedestals marked S ( see last page of down load). Curved washers I think go on the bottom as a shim if needed I believe.

thanks I know were the studs went the washer seem to be a tight fit on rocker shaft instruction don't say anything about them thanks again

Use supplied spacer shims

Rocker Arms and Valve Train: Adjustable rocker arms must be used with cams having greater than stock valve lift. We recommend original equipment or aftermarket adjustable rocker arm assemblies, along with matching pushrods. Use supplied spacer shims as needed to ensure adequate clearance between pushrods and intake port walls. CAUTION: Before installing rocker shafts, check for burrs or other obstructions on the machined saddles where the shaft sits. Remove any burrs and clean saddles thoroughly, if necessary.

They should of added in those directions about burrs and clean from my post below

Rocker arm shafts and threaded holes

Reason for supplied studs in 2 and 4 location , no heli coils
1 and 3 and 5 have heli coils for bolts

I went with longer bolts in those locations and I hand tightened them with the rocker arm shafts and factory concave rocker shaft hold down washers first to see what would work and what length etc

Two out of the three bolts on each head bottomed out before contacting the concave washers while the other two bolts threaded in just fine

Here from the factory , when they broke off the heli coil tabs on the bottom of threads those tabs stayed in the holes jammed within the threads

Not good

Last edited:
were did put the washers under the rocker shaft 2 and 4 location if not what location?

Rocker Arms and Valve Train: Adjustable rocker arms must be used with cams having greater than stock valve lift. We recommend original equipment or aftermarket adjustable rocker arm assemblies, along with matching pushrods. Use supplied spacer shims as needed to ensure adequate clearance between pushrods and intake port walls. CAUTION: Before installing rocker shafts, check for burrs or other obstructions on the machined saddles where the shaft sits. Remove any burrs and clean saddles thoroughly, if necessary.

They should of added in those directions about burrs and clean from my post below

I went with longer bolts in those locations and I hand tightened them with the shafts and concave washers first to see what would work and what length etc

Two out of the three bolts on each head bottomed out before contacting the concave washers while the other two bolts threaded in just fine

Here from the factory , when they broke off the heli coil tabs on the bottom of threads those tabs stayed in the holes jammed within the threads

Not good[/QUOTE]

and which way do the curve washers go curve facing up or down?
were did put the washers under the rocker shaft 2 and 4 location if not what location?

I went with longer bolts in those locations and I hand tightened them with the shafts and concave washers first to see what would work and what length etc

Not good[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

It seems they go on the rocker shaft for rocker arm alignment, if required.

X2

They are used for adjustable rocker arms

They go in between the adjustable rocker arms and springs or hold downs over the shafts , not under the rocker shafts

Are you running adjustable or factory stamped steel rocker arms ?

Reading my prior post about concave washers

I meant the factory concave rocker arm shaft hold downs

Hence may be your confusion on concave washers

Those thin supplied shims or washers supplied with the heads are for adjustable rocker arm geometry like mentioned

Auto Transport Service
Back