• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western Kentucky Newbie

Airwolf222b

Local time
11:01 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I’ve just bought my very first Classic Car. 1973 RoadRunner. I lost both my parents recently and was left a little money. Decided to take some of it and have a project with my wife. We’ve both talked about working on an older car together. I ran across this one. It had been in storage for close to 30 years. The gentleman who owned it inherited it from his dad and just left it in storage.

It’s a 318 automatic and seems to be fairly rust free other than some surface rust underneath. I bought it for around $11,800. Not sure if that’s a good deal or not but that’s not what it’s really about.

I’ve got a couple electrical gremlins to figure out. Lots of clean up and a few parts to get. But I think I’ve got a pretty good base to start with.

Thanks for letting me join the forum!

IMG_4290.jpeg

IMG_4277.jpeg

IMG_4205.jpeg

IMG_4285.jpeg

IMG_4281.jpeg

IMG_4293.jpeg

70709368778__3F065171-C59D-4F9A-A8C8-71E4FC7287F3.jpeg

Welcome from home state, you’re correct it’s not about the $$$, perception, it’s about the drive. Enjoy!

Nice.

Now you need one of these-

hqdefault.jpg

"AutoWorld" is the MFG.

Lost BOTH parents recently? Good grief man!
So sorry to hear that.
A classic car project sounds like a good idea IMO!
Nice looking RR!
And greetings, welcome to FBBO from NY!

welcome to FBBO nice looking road runner project keep us posted

Lost BOTH parents recently? Good grief man!
So sorry to hear that.
A classic car project sounds like a good idea IMO!
Nice looking RR!
And greetings, welcome to FBBO from NY!
yea, its been a rough few months. Mom passed from thyroid cancer mid December and Dad passed from brain tumors late March. After mom passed we think Dad just kinda gave up the fight. Dad loved cars, so it seemed only fitting that I try and get one back on the road for him.

i saw t

i saw those. I can't find them in stock anywhere. If youve got one, Ive got money. lol

A few of the colors are out of production.

I got mine open box on ebay.

They are a tad pricey, even used and unboxed.

Very good quality, though.

Welcome from the left coast. Sorry to hear about your double whammy.

Nice. Welcome. Native of Louisville myself.

Welcome from Alabama, seems to be a solid project. It's always nice to see one saved.

Auto Transport Service
Back