• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What a dumb thing to do...

brian.linn

Local time
12:05 PM
Reaction score
Looking back at some of my cars in the past, I found 1 in particular that I really regret selling... I traded a '67 Coronet (running and driving) for a '65 Coronet 440 383 4 Speed car. The sad thing is, I paid $1000 for the '67. I had the floors put in the '65, then found a '65 Plymouth Bel I... Looking back, I could have easily kept the '65 Dodge HT too, but at the time it seemed like selling the Dodge was the thing to do. I'm sure there are HORROR stories of guys selling Hemi cars for hundreds of dollars... Anyway, I am posting some pics of the car I regret selling... :eusa_boohoo:

Attachments

• coronet driver's side.jpg
    coronet driver's side.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 498
  • coronet front.jpg
    coronet front.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 475
  • Dodge ht.jpg
    Dodge ht.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 494
I regret not buying it, what i a dumb mistake i made.

My dad and grandfather both do lol not sure if ether had a hemi but def some beautiful cars that would be worth some $$$ today... I think my grandfather had some max wedge cars also special ordered a 69' 383 superbee. My dad swears he saw his old v12 jag sell on barrett Jackson not long ago. But nothing they can do now except to not make that mistake again.

so where did the 65 coronet go to any way? what a cool car.

I sold it to a couple of "good 'ol boys" from Texas... They had a few other Mopars that were pretty cool.

Great looking cars. Did you notice that the one on ebay has a very similar rust spot on the passenger side front of the hood, it's located in Texas, AND it's missing the trim piece from the hood just like your old one... Strange coincidences.

dude that is your old car same spot on the hood grey floor pan even has the same dodge licence plate on the front bodys just a little more faded and baked from sitting in the texas sun but i would say for sure same car could be a second chance and its meant to be yours.

In the third pic I noticed that you're using a device similar to the parking brake on my '61. Anyone else use one of those? :)

Im with `67Satellite and 65DODGE,, that ebay car has to be your old car! Theres way to many similarities!

Last edited:
Yeah. I know that feeling. Sold a 70 GTX Hemi car that I bought from a late friend's wife. Shoulda woulda coulda......STUPID

Sorry guys, I must have mis-typed, the car is DEFINATELY my old car, I was just saying its not my car now. If the car was going for $1500 or so, I would buy it back. Price seems a little steep for the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back