• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What am i missing fuel tank vent line

albert 5694

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:17 AM
Reaction score
Hello i was wondering if anybody can tell me what i am missing hear i was driving the car the other day and accelerated really hard and then let off i heard a rattle so i stooped and found this u shaped line coming out the tank was rattling against the body that is not a big concern but i noticed that i got some gas puking out this u shaped line is there suppose to be something on this to stop it or is this normal. I know it has to do something with the venting of the tank but i cant find any info on if this is hooked up right or is there suppose to be something on the end of the tube to keep the gas from coming out while letting the tank vent.
If you look at my pictures you can see the line i am talking about the u shaped one that goes up to the trunk pan and then loops down about 1 inch.

20210911_114102[1].jpg 20210911_114117[1].jpg 20210911_114130[1].jpg 20210911_114147[1].jpg

Looked in my Chrysler Service Manuel and it shows this is correct. so i did some more research and people are saying that if it is a reproduction tank sometimes the vent tubes inside the tank are reversed i do not know if mine is like that i guess when i get the tank lower on fuel i can look in there with my bore scope to see witch way they are in the tank. The Manuel shows the small tube just goes up like mine and nothing on the end of it.

In the 2nd photo one pipe is awfully close to shock mount. Does it rattle? Read that the pipes could be opposite from stock. Service Manual is your friend.

Auto Transport Service
Back