• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What am I missing?

dspur

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
1969 Dodge Super Bee w/ factory air…
See pic….Is there a flex duct that goes between these in the middle ac vent (Rallye dash)? If so where could I source?
I have new duct for the end vents, could buy online. Have not seen what would bridge the gap here. TIA.

IMG_2484.jpeg

do you have this one?
1710976509643.jpeg

A 69 service manual or a parts book may help with what the part looks like. Parts book has an exploded view of about every system, even ductwork. Ljnk where you download either, on a PC is best. Service Manuals – MyMopar Go main page to find parts book.

I think I have one. I’ll check it out. Thanks.

You're not missing anything. Those two pieces just fit together, piece on left button up against center vent. Pretty sloppy fit.

The foam is supposed to create a seal with the piece that connects the center vent registers..
The piece Dave posted connects to the round outlet on the left side of the plenum & travels over the steering column then a flex duct connects to the drivers side lower dash vent..

The foam is supposed to create a seal with the piece that connects the center vent registers..
The piece Dave posted connects to the round outlet on the left side of the plenum & travels over the steering column then a flex duct connects to the drivers side lower dash vent..
Thanks. I'll look into sourcing that part.

We use to say these cars will nickel & dime ya to death.... These days we wish there was a part to be had for a nickel or a dime...

We use to say these cars will nickel & dime ya to death.... These days we wish there was a part to be had for a nickel or a dime...
now it is $50 and $100 to death, and then some..

your post cleared things up for me, I sourced that part on Ebay and ordered it, about $40 with shipping....there were some of the same thing on there for $100 plus

many thanks for the help! Got all those parts now....I think lol

Does take a lot of the fun out of the hobby... We use to build these cars on a budget... Not you need to budget for parts..

There is another piece of foam that you are missing in the pic that goes around the outlet opening also. Detroit Muscle has both of the required foam pcs available new.

There is another piece of foam that you are missing in the pic that goes around the outlet opening also. Detroit Muscle has both of the required foam pcs available new.
Yes I have both. Thanks. I ordered an entire kit from DM some time back and forgot that I had it. I have all the pieces of that puzzle now thanks to the good advice on this forum.

Auto Transport Service
Back