• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are these Unknown parts?

b_body_hopeful

Local time
8:21 PM
Reaction score
Hi,

Again I have looked all over my service, body and Chassis documents and have no idea what these parts are, what they connect up to and how to connect them. Many more rebuilders on this site know off hand what these do, but I have no clue.

Please, can someone help.

Thanks in advance.

vbpgimage.php

Hi,

Again I have looked all over my service, body and Chassis documents and have no idea what these parts are, what they connect up to and how to connect them. Many more rebuilders on this site know off hand what these do, but I have no clue.

Please, can someone help.

Thanks in advance.
vbpgimage.php

The one on the right is the OSAC valve.

The one on the left looks like either a fuse/circuit breaker or electronic resistor for some other device. It is not a stock part. What does the writing on it say and what is it connected to.

Here are some pictures from the service manual.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
The OSAC valve is connected by hose to the carb and to the distributor advance. Its function was to delay advance of the distributor during the 1st 10-15 seconds of acceleration.

Thanks. Super, now I understand why it was never connected and what it did....the PO switched the carb out for a Summit carb and
there is no place to connect it as I see it. Also, I can look it up and read about it.

The little silver box is a Diode. Allows current to only flow in one direction. Prevents back feeding on the DC system.
Not factory installed.

I agreed the device on the left is aftermarket, not factory installed. It appears to me to be a circuit breaker however.

vacuum hose

There should be a vacuum hose coming from the carb to the distributor now. The OSAC valve connects between the carb and the distributor. The valve was originally labelled to which connection was for carb and dist .

The little silver box is a Diode. Allows current to only flow in one direction. Prevents back feeding on the DC system.
Not factory installed.

I agreed the device on the left is aftermarket, not factory installed. It appears to me to be a circuit breaker however.

Only one side was connected...the red lead so I am going to presume that it was used at one time but not after I got the car.

There should be a vacuum hose coming from the carb to the distributor now. The OSAC valve connects between the carb and the distributor. The valve was originally labelled to which connection was for carb and dist .

I will look the next time I go out and connect up between the carb and dist.

Auto Transport Service
Back