• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What body panels and parts interchange with my 71 coronet

Adams-Mopar

Local time
7:23 AM
Reaction score
Hello! I just bought a 71 dodge coronet that is loaded with options. Sadly the front frame rails and torsion bar crossmember need help. The floor pan and trunk pan are NOT rusted at all! Which I've been told that is really weird for this car. I need to know exactly what body parts are interchangeable with my car! Where I can get some frame rails, quarters panel patch panels, some rocker panel patch panels, fenders and any other body part I can get. The Interior of my car is actually very nice! So nice the headliner is perfect and I do mean perfect! Please help! I don't want to scrap or part out this car I want to drive it modify it and put some love into it!

Welcome to the site. Many knowledgeable people here more than willing to assist you in your quest. Since you have a 4-door ( or station wagon) not sure exactly where to source sheet metal, perhaps Ted Stephens ? These cars were popular for fleet use, such as taxicabs, back in the early 70's. I would think there's boneyards with plenty of these cars. Stay tuned. Post some pics. Have fun.

She is a 4 door sedan. I'm assuming this was a grandma's car since it only has 90 some thousand miles on it. She does have rust and good bit of it. The floor pan and trunk pan are actually very solid!

20240303_143954.jpg

20240301_141314.jpg

20240301_141221.jpg

20240301_141223.jpg

20240301_141208.jpg

Greetings fellow '71 Coronet owner! Most of the under structure of the car is the same as the 71-72 Charger/Satellite/Road Runner. There are no exterior body panels or patches at all that I've been able to find. Yours looks pretty decent, which engine is it? I bought mine out of a wrecking yard last fall and have been working on getting it running since. Actually been driving it around some lately. Like yours it seems to have been an "grandpa" car, and had sat for a lonnng time before I got it.

Side.jpg

71-2 B and 70-74 E body front frame rails will work. 71-2 B and 71-72 E t/bar cross member will work. Can buy repros for E body from AMD and Goodmark

Since there's no dents on the sides, and no yellow paint underneath, neither car is a taxi I drove in NYC back in the day. :D Don't get fooled, those 318 cars were fun to drive !

Since there's no dents on the sides, and no yellow paint underneath, neither car is a taxi I drove in NYC back in the day. :D Don't get fooled, those 318 cars were fun to drive !
Well mine is on the wrong coast for that...

Here's mine. Parts are scarce because of the fleet car syndrome especially in ruthless cities like NYC. This one is solid all the way around. Trunk, interior floors and frame rails are solid. If by chance any one is parting there's, I might be interested.
In the near future, I'm going to modify and install a power bulge hood.

unnamed-3.jpg

Greetings fellow '71 Coronet owner! Most of the under structure of the car is the same as the 71-72 Charger/Satellite/Road Runner. There are no exterior body panels or patches at all that I've been able to find. Yours looks pretty decent, which engine is it? I bought mine out of a wrecking yard last fall and have been working on getting it running since. Actually been driving it around some lately. Like yours it seems to have been an "grandpa" car, and had sat for a lonnng time before I got it.

View attachment 1621663
318LA 2 bbl!

Here's mine. Parts are scarce because of the fleet car syndrome especially in ruthless cities like NYC. This one is solid all the way around. Trunk, interior floors and frame rails are solid. If by chance any one is parting there's, I might be interested.
In the near future, I'm going to modify and install a power bulge hood.

View attachment 1621721
Very nice car! I may have to end up parting mine out if I can't locate sheetmetal to replace the bad rust. What kind of money could I get for parts off of my car?

Very nice car! I may have to end up parting mine out if I can't locate sheetmetal to replace the bad rust. What kind of money could I get for parts off of my car?
Not to sound like I'm trying to chew you down, but unfortunately the cars are not as popular in the sense that they are hard to get parts for. The fenders and doors are usually want items. I'm interested in interior trim panels and steering column. Window glass.
Mine is a '73 by the way.

Not to sound like I'm trying to chew you down, but unfortunately the cars are not as popular in the sense that they are hard to get parts for. The fenders and doors are usually want items. I'm interested in interior trim panels and steering column. Window glass.
Mine is a '73 by the way.
My interior is pretty nice! The headliner is perfect! So I don't know what I can get for it. I really don't want to part out the car. I want to fix it and drive it. I found out yesterday the engine is locked up!

Auto Transport Service
Back