• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What car is this in the photo?

Suicide_Scott

Local time
3:15 PM
Reaction score
I have a vintage photo that looks like a 66-67 charger, but I do not think it is. It appears to say Charger on the emblem, but I am not believing it. This is a photo from New Zealand sometime in the 70s or 80s.

Any identification help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• carmystery.jpg
    carmystery.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 575
I bet it is a charger that they did extreme mods to in the 70s or 80s, maybe a concept car if they even made concepts like that at the time

It's an australian Charger. Saw one at the Spring Fling this year.
5287029886_776413c35b.png

p109253_large+1972_Australian_Chrysler_Charger_RT+Rear_Quarter_Panel_View.jpg

It's an australian Charger. Saw one at the Spring Fling this year.
5287029886_776413c35b.png

p109253_large+1972_Australian_Chrysler_Charger_RT+Rear_Quarter_Panel_View.jpg

yep thats what it is i also seen one here at a car show about a month ago there pretty cool cars.

Ever see Mexico's version of the Super bee? This is the 1st and 2nd generations. not in order.

250px-1974_superbee_mexico-1.gif
250px-1973mexicansuperbee-1.gif
Here is the link to page... They made all kinds of variations of our cars.. Chevy and the rest also did..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Super_Bee

About 1/2 way down on page.

Still lots of Aussie Chargers down here too. They are getting quite collectable.

They could also be got with 318, 340 and I think 360 V8's. There were racing specials that command over $100K when they come on the market.

Still lots of Aussie Chargers down here too. They are getting quite collectable.

They could also be got with 318, 340 and I think 360 V8's. There were racing specials that command over $100K when they come on the market.

You could own my 1 of 11 Hemi Coronet 4 speed for $30 less than that.

You could own my 1 of 11 Hemi Coronet 4 speed for $30 less than that.

But what if your Hemi Coronet had a racing history that saw it compete with the likes of Petty or Yarborough or was even driven by them? Some of these Aussie chargers have a pedigree in a race that is considered the greatest race in the world (in our eyes), would I still get it for $30K less?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathurst_1000

The Great Race! Any car that was ever raced there is the holy grail for collectors.

But what if your Hemi Coronet had a racing history that saw it compete with the likes of Petty or Yarborough or was even driven by them? Some of these Aussie chargers have a pedigree in a race that is considered the greatest race in the world (in our eyes), would I still get it for $30K less?

The Great Race! Any car that was ever raced there is the holy grail for collectors.

Such a pity that you have to drive all that distance on the wrong side of the car.......

My statement was based on YOUR comment of those cars commanding over $100K. You could buy MINE for $70K.

and to be honest, i'd have your Hemi Coronet before anything made here!:headbang:

I doubt this one must be a “Charger” looks like in the mid of 80’s. I am pretty excited to see the front view of this classic vehicle.

I doubt this one must be a “Charger” looks like in the mid of 80’s. I am pretty excited to see the front view of this classic vehicle.

I think you should read this entire topic.

It's a Charger, genuine Mopar from downunder!

The Mopar world aint just America, ya know.

Auto Transport Service
Back