• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do these 2 square headed bolts secure?

Ok, I tried to epoxy some strips to tighten it up. No go. I've kept trying and trying. They just pop out so I tried something. I made these bolts with hooks at the head to grab the slots inside the column. Then I dremmelled slots on the end so I could maneuver the hooks in place with a small flathead. Seems to have worked. It's tight and all together now.

upload_2020-9-4_14-45-21.png

upload_2020-9-4_14-45-36.png

upload_2020-9-4_14-45-53.png

Looks like a brilliant solution, many cudos to you. I'm gonna friggin try that. Thanks so much my friend.

Ok, I tried to epoxy some strips to tighten it up. No go. I've kept trying and trying. They just pop out so I tried something. I made these bolts with hooks at the head to grab the slots inside the column. Then I dremmelled slots on the end so I could maneuver the hooks in place with a small flathead. Seems to have worked. It's tight and all together now.

View attachment 997437

View attachment 997439

View attachment 997440
Long shot..... Any chance you'll make 2 more of these up and I'll buy them off you.... My housings were sloppy so I took apart my column and these 2 screws were not even there! Prior owner must have not put them back in and I can't seem to find them anywhere on the net!!

Long shot..... Any chance you'll make 2 more of these up and I'll buy them off you.... My housings were sloppy so I took apart my column and these 2 screws were not even there! Prior owner must have not put them back in and I can't seem to find them anywhere on the net!!
Unfortunately without having it apart again, I don't remember the dimensions. I did it a few years ago.

Unfortunately without having it apart again, I don't remember the dimensions. I did it a few years ago.
Thank for the reply. I went to Ace Hardware and found similar bolts that work. The are a 1/4 20 by 1" square head bolt!

The square head of the bolt is offset.
Make sure it is pointed in the right direction.

Auto Transport Service
Back