• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what do you do for a living

United steel worker 7687. we build military vehicles for B A E

Foundry General Manager. Retired in 2007.

heres a picture with a view from one of our jobs in nyc george 059.jpg

george 059.jpg

I don't know where the war correspondent thing came from but every time I hear that term, I think of good ol' Ernie Pyle ... RIP.

Ben, you tellin me you haven't been keeping up with the New Exploits of Joe the Plumber?

Pulled wrenches from crawling to 20 years of age, took up restoration then collision repair for the next 20 yrs, been teaching collision repair apprenticeship for the past 9 yrs. In between, I worked on cars for fun.

Love seeing the pictures and the skill set that the tradesmen in this forum have submitted, truly something to be proud of.

then hired by the railroad as a Carman. / Working for the railroad for the last 12 years steady, it's been nice, cause God knows I'm getting old and feeling this life lol.QUOTE]

Fellow carmen! What railroad? I'm at the Long Island Railroad for 20 years. Started coach cleaning, went up for car repairmen and moved on (Over-ish) to inspector.

I worked as a repairmen in desel for a few years on old convertered (1920-40 electric propulsion cars) push-pulls, they called them. Basicly gutted electric cars converted to be pulled by power packs.

George, I see the Square Garden behind ya! (Wife is wavin the Ranger flag now) That is a bit high up no doubt.

Auto Transport Service
Back