• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you keep in your car at all times?

9MM
Bag of tools, coolant, oil, fire extinguisher, a mat to lay on, fender cover, spare bulbs, 100 dollars cash, flashlights, drinking water, fuses, duct tape, electrical tape, several sizes of wire, and most of the time my wife.
I know I am forgetting things. I am kind of the guy that has too much stuff.

Some heavy plastic sheeting, shovel, axe, tow-rope, duct tape, disposable gloves, can of lighter fluid and a lighter.

Zip ties, actually helped a couple hold the front fascia on their Honda at a rest stop. On my 87 stang I once used rubber bands to run the water pump when the serpentine belt went at 2am, got me home. I never leave home without jumper cables, you never know.

Zip ties, actually helped a couple hold the front fascia on their Honda at a rest stop. On my 87 stang I once used rubber bands to run the water pump when the serpentine belt went at 2am, got me home. I never leave home without jumper cables, you never know.
On cars with regular belts a pair of women's full length pantyhose works well for a fan belt. I shocked a lady who was broken down once when I told her that, but, she got me a pair from her luggage, and I hooked her up and followed her to the garage. She kissed me. Nice kisser. I was 26. She was like 40 something. but hot...lol.

Jumper cables , small tool box ,spare and jack, fire ext. 1st aid kit , couple bag chairs.

Having a history with fire protection and training, using an extinguisher is a quick deal when it’s spent. For most uses an ABC is common. But, for a car where most fires are gas or electrical, a BC. Dry powders make a nasty-nasty friggin mess and will skank paint. The selection is long and suggest searching the net for recommended ext for cars. You can read up on the pros & cons. I’d say no less than 15lbs for a size. They discharge in under 15 seconds and that’s the shot hoping the fire is out..
Have you noticed at some vehicle shows there is a Fire Extinguisher in front of the left front wheel.

I bought a small Craftsman hydraulic jack in a hard plastic case years ago, nice and compact, strapped in the trunk.
Tiny Nerf football for shows/cruise-ins.

Glad most Mopar trunks are large. Some of you guys need a truck.
I carry my insurance card and a cell phone, but my cars do have a jack, lug wrench, and a spare. Also the necessary fire extinguisher. Happy Motoring.

Dry powders make a nasty-nasty friggin mess and will skank paint.

Which is worse, having skank or burnt paint? Skank isn't the proper word here so I'll go with trashed. I'd rather have trashed over burnt paint!

I don’t know I’m doing it, but apparently I keep dust in my cars. Every week or so, I find dust on the dashboard and other surfaces inside the car.
I don’t know I’m doing it, but apparently I keep dust in my cars. Every week or so, I find dust on the dashboard and other surfaces inside the car.
Just part of the decomposition process. You know, "...from dust to dust..." . LOL

Mainly garbage on the floor and other seats.

co-pilot

IMG_20220730_072219_01.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back