• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you keep in your car at all times?

I think very highly of Sonny. He is on my bucket list of people I would love to meet with one day....along with yourself & Mario to name a couple extras. :D

I met Mario a couple years ago & he’s an ok guy. You’d like me better though.

:lol:

My daily gets a tool roll from my motorcycle days (assortment of allen keys; multi-bit screwdriver - flat x2, phillips x2, torx x4 - some box end wrenches, small vise grips, small dikes, a roll of electrical tape and a bouquet of zip ties); small air compressor; rope tire plugs. No wheel lock key because I never use those stupid things. If they want your wheels...they're gonna get them. With or without the car. (When was the last time you heard about wheel theft? Seriously? Other than dealers losing 20 cars' worth in a night, that is...) My daily travels light as it's only a 2014 and doesn't leak or burn anything.

My work truck (2500 Cummins closing in on 300k miles)? Gallon of rotella. Gallon of coolant. Cargo straps. Tow straps. Tool roll. Some various hose clamps. Spare fuel filter. Multiple ball mounts (2" ball, 2-5/16" ball, varied drops). Keys to my trailers. Master keys for trailer cargo doors and door handles (used to work for an RV dealer). USB chargers for my tablets, phone, etc. LED flashlight (in addition to the one on my phone). And when I'm towing...a jack and a spare wheel for whatever trailer is hooked up.

In my motorcycle, I keep the same tool roll; the same compressor and plug kit; an LED strobe light; a quart of oil; spare socks (riding in rain is one thing; riding in rain with wet feet? SUCKS); spare gloves; one of the new cell-phone-size jump packs (need to get more, for the cars).

Toy cars? Depends where I'm going and how far away. I keep a spare tool roll in the garage and usually toss that in a 5 gal bucket along with fluids or cleaners or whatever the destination calls for (like, if I'm taking the Charger to a car show, it gets cleaners and rags). Cars that burn fluids? I carry a quart of each flavor, just in case.

On my person, always my Hellcat 9mm (licensed) full of Federal HST, and depending on destination, a spare 13rd mag or three. And bottled water. My truck is the "aging rock star" vehicle - tons of empties rolling around...but not beer bottles, Propel water bottles. Ah...age.

I preflight everything pretty well - comes from hundreds of thousands of miles on motorcycles (street, and track days), so I very rarely have a failure on the road. But, I do need to add a fire extinguisher to the lists...

Halotron fire ext. (under passenger seat)
Box in trunk : ignition coil & orange box,voltage regulator, spare V belts, tire pressure gauge, oil, coolant,
basic tool kit. Loose is : "X" style lug nut wrench, basic tool kit & jumper cables.

I forgot about the wheel lock tool. Love the stories of them being MIA. Reminded me of when I sold my 94 truck to my nephew. Showed him where the lock tool was and said to leave it in the truck, make sure its put back in your hand if the wheels ever have to come off at a shop. He proceeds to put everything in his storage locker. Had a flat and couldn't change it since the tool was elsewhere. He's pretty well versed at not listening.

On the idea of preparedness, I was thinking "What are some things I should keep in my daily driver at all times?"

Currently, in my daily driver:
- 1/2 gallon of coolant
- 1 quart of engine oil
- cell phone charger
- state map
- spare tire and factory jack

Now that I typed it up, I realized... I don't sh!t.

What do you keep in your car? Any suggestions?
.44 bulldog

On the idea of preparedness, I was thinking "What are some things I should keep in my daily driver at all times?"

Currently, in my daily driver:
- 1/2 gallon of coolant
- 1 quart of engine oil
- cell phone charger
- state map
- spare tire and factory jack

Now that I typed it up, I realized... I don't sh!t.

What do you keep in your car? Any suggestions?
A can of Fix-a-Flat.
Had a flat, changed it to the spare.
Went 12 miles, and got another flat.
Damn the luck, but it happens.
P.S.....don't use this stuff if you
have a newer car with tire pressure
sensors.

Last edited:
Ruger 380ACP on short trips
Glock 43X on longer trips

After several hundreds of Felony Fugitive
Arrests, I very seldom miss center mass.

At my elderly age/strength, my 1911 is too difficult to fire
rapidly without sacrificing accuracy.

What the small rounds lack in stopping power, I try
to make up for it with number of shots.

It is the best I can do anymore at my age/health but
so far = so good!

Last edited:
1688498966642.png

Wheel lock socket, belts, tool kit, spare alternator, voltage regulator, fuel pump pushrod, small coil insulated wire, coil of tie wire, Les Baer 38 super.

I don’t know I’m doing it, but apparently I keep dust in my cars. Every week or so, I find dust on the dashboard and other surfaces inside the car.
Close the vents, and roll up the windows. ‍♂️

Auto Transport Service
Back