• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you think .

c.moo

Local time
6:22 AM
Reaction score
440 stock stoke , .030 , 9953 icon pistons , 10 in hole, about 10.1 comp., marsh sidewinder heads 84 cc , no major port work. comp. cam nostalgia 21-671-4 , d452 doug's header 2 in. edelbrock perf. rpm ihtake if fits under hood or holley street dom. 800 edelbrock perf. carb 1421. 11 inch torque conventer . This for street , car shows , sunday drives , short trips on 1963 plymouth savoy ,about 3600 lbs. 727 trans. 3.23 rear gear . Will this combo work ? Thanks

Personally I'd use a different cam with that conveter/gear combo.

440 stock stoke , .030 , 9953 icon pistons , 10 in hole, about 10.1 comp., marsh sidewinder heads 84 cc , no major port work. comp. cam nostalgia 21-671-4 , d452 doug's header 2 in. edelbrock perf. rpm ihtake if fits under hood or holley street dom. 800 edelbrock perf. carb 1421. 11 inch torque conventer . This for street , car shows , sunday drives , short trips on 1963 plymouth savoy ,about 3600 lbs. 727 trans. 3.23 rear gear . Will this combo work ? Thanks

What do I think ?
We've only machined/built/dyno'd that same/very similar combo's about 40 or so times in the last 10 years ?

Use the 300-14 street dom as it WILL fit underhood .... no question
Substitute the XE274H CompCam in a 3-Bolt Timing configuration ..... "23" prefix instead of the 21
Uses 91 Octane just fine....
and,
you have a very solid 510 Ft/Lb on around 480-490 hp Street Engine that will put a poo-eat'in grin ur yap.... that your wife can't wipe off with a two by four ?
That's what I think !

me too
look at the XE275HL if you like comp It's 10 degrees shorter but has the lobes spread out to 110
so it willidle better andpull more vacuum

I do not see anything that's ostalgia ABOUT the nostalgia plus- much older lobes than the newer HL line
274H is oldie but moldy grind but would work well but leave torque on the table

Iffin it was me, I'd up the compression a bit more......:D Actually, I'm thinking your static compression is going to be a bit more than 10-1 anyways.

My 2 cents, You are just gonna be making a driver. If you bought all the parts already,use 'um.Sounds like you are not after high HP or fast times.More like one cool ride that will sound good,look good and you will have fun crusin'.

My 2 cents, You are just gonna be making a driver. If you bought all the parts already,use 'um.Sounds like you are not after high HP or fast times.More like one cool ride that will sound good,look good and you will have fun crusin'.
Yes, just a driver build . Have everything but the intake , cam , and torque converter . That's why i put this thread on here to find out if combo was close . Now i know what to change . Will get cam , intake and torque converter . Thanks everybody !

Auto Transport Service
Back