• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does RB stand for on a 440?

Besides intake and distributor the bars that hold the intake gasket are different lengths between a B and RB..

Chevy did this, 427 truck blocks were different than the 427 auto.

1958 on the brain, 350 was a 1 year only B engine in 1958.

Maybe Im wrong, I thought you can install RB dizzy in a B engine. It just sticks up higher?

Now you are opening a whole new can of worms. 440 cranks will go in B engines and make for a nice stroker engine.
They will if you turn down the mains from the RB's 2.749" to the B's 2.625" size. Rods journals are the same for both RB's and B's.

They will if you turn down the mains from the RB's 2.749" to the B's 2.625" size. Rods journals are the same for both RB's and B's.
I didn't say there wasn't some work involved. You will also have to clearance the crank with the block and balance your rotating assembly.

Sadly the labor isn't cost effective anymore and vs a way stronger crank with an aftermarket.

Sadly the labor isn't cost effective anymore and vs a way stronger crank with an aftermarket.
I would trust a reworked Mopar crank any day over a Chinese part without any known heat treat and metallurgy.

How many millions do you think they spend on research and development in China?

The answer is zero.

I would trust a reworked Mopar crank any day over a Chinese part without any known heat treat and metallurgy.

The answer is zero.
I've seen factory cranks break at 600 but never seen or heard of a China stroker crank breaking at 800+.

And the R+D on the crank manufacturing is Done in the USA, then actually made " over there".
There was a poor machining reputation back when they first came out.

I still plan on having a factory crank re-worked. I just cant support China. Maybe S. Korea,S. Vietnam, even Taiwan. I sure it will cost even more.

The answer is zero.

That is so funny.

Auto Transport Service
Back