• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What happened to licorice goodies??

Photon440

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:23 PM
Reaction score
I used to snack on these all the time. Now it seems that they have disappeared completely from my local stores. Look for them online and they're all out of stock. :(
Candyfunhouse_hersheys_-twizzlers_goodies_licorice_300g-Side-jpg-1_1600x.jpg

The black ones need to die and leave this earth. I cannot stand black licorice. That's some nasty tasting crap. Ranks right up there with TAB cola. Barfed a little in my mouth thinking about those.

First of all, why make a candy with a name you can't even spell correctly. LICK-OR-ISH. That's how you say it, why make it spelled like it's some sort of fancy, French delicacy ?

Thanks, but cornershopapp says no results for my area. Are they in stock for you?

The Good N Plenty (which might taste similar, I don't know) shows up at 80 oz. for $24.80 with a $233.84 delivery charge (2-3 week delivery) on Amazon.com. Or a one pound bag on Amazon.ca for $33.84 with...woo hoo..free shipping. I'm not trying to buy them for 2nd gen Charger pricing.

Although I'm not familiar with Good N Plenty, I'm willing to give it a try. Walmart in Canada doesn't seem to have it though.

Do you have a Walmart close to you, they have plenty of stock of Good and Plenty.

You'll have to visit downunder @Photon440 ...we have plenty in stock here...

View attachment 1276531

:thumbsup:
Thanks, sounds like a plan! We have lots of those items, just not the 'Goodies' that I'm looking for. It seems like real licorice is going away, just the fake stuff with fruit flavours remaining. Those little diamond shaped salmiak salt licorice candies have gone altogether in the past year or so.

Good & Plenty's are a black licorice center & a hard shell sugary coating... Never had Goodies so I can't compare them..

Good & Plenty's are a black licorice center & a hard shell sugary coating... Never had Goodies so I can't compare them..
It's possible that they're similar. There are a lot of brands of popular candy bars that are in Canada that aren't sold in the USA. Likely the other way around as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back