• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What impresses you more HP or ET ?

I am the same as all of you as the et is all that impresses me.

Here is a true story that is no lie. A friend had a 69 Camaro with a 502 crate eng in it and he street raced all the time and of course according to him he never lost. One day he street raced a 68 Cuda 340 car that he says he beat and the guy in the Cuda was reported to run high 11's so the Camaro driver said he can run easy mid 11's. Well one day we all went to a muscle car day at the track and the Camaro driver thought he would spank everyone. This was in 2005 as my 63 was not on the road yet (2006 I got it on the road) but we took my sons Dart. Here are the cars my buddies took to the track and they were all street cars:

69 Mustang 428 SCJ with 4-speed
Mr I am the fastest street car in the world 69 Camaro 502
72 Camaro with a 396 in it
66 Mustang with a warmed over 302
71 Duster 340
And my sons Dart with a 400 in it. And none of these cars were stock as they all had at least headers on them.

The guy with the 502 Camaro also owned the 72 Camaro with the 396 and his son drove it. Here are the best et's that day for each car:

69 Mustang 428 SCJ - 13.11 @ 109
66 Mustang 302 - 13.66 @ 101
71 340 Duster - 12.86 @ 104
My sons Dart - 11.69 @ 115

And I saved the guys 2 Camaro's for last:

The 69 Camaro 502 eng clamed to be the worlds fastest Camaro if you listen to the owner - 14.04 @ 101

His 72 Camaro 396 - 14.44 @ 99

I kid you not as he had the slowest cars there yet he claimed to beat every car he raced. Just goes to show the et is where the BS stops ! Ron

Don't chevys come with a book of excuses when you buy them from factory lol

Yeah ET and keeping it together all day at the track is what impresses me. The thing that bugs me the most are the cars I see at the local cruise night with brag sheets talking about how much HP their cars made on the dyno but then I never see these guys at the local track. What good is all that horsepower going to do you on the street when these days you get you and your car thrown in jail for just peeling out a little?

Then when I go to the track it is usually the shiny paint Camero street/strip cars that can't keep it together. They are breaking their rear ends, vapor-locking - you name it.

Great Point, from the Resdent expert... Always the smartest guy in the room, especially if your alone...LOL... Hey IQ52 how you doing buddy ??

Not too bad Budnicks, not too bad.

4x4 68 Chrysler Station Wagon, No horsepower OR E.T.

Ran pretty good at the sled pull but kept running out of fuel pressure. Ran a new fuel cell & 1/2" line and took it to Firebird Raceway, Boise, ID. Left before we got a chance to run, family member had to be taken from Challis by life-flight to the hospital. Big scare but everyone is okay.
68ChryslerWagon451stroker004.jpg

68ChryslerWagon451stroker001.jpg

Very Cool 4x4 Wagon Jim/IQ52, You know I dig wagons, we should add how far it pulled the sled to the criteria..LOL... Is that one of your 451ci, 493ci, 505ci, 512ci stroker engine builds & Cody's &/or your head porting tricks ??, what heads ??, or is it a customers car, with one of your engines ??, keep us {ME} posted, Start a thread on "the wagon beast", give us some details, if you can... I hope all is well with the family & health... Have fun & Happy Mopar Wagoning

Auto Transport Service
Back