• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What intake fits?

EARLY B

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:01 AM
Reaction score
Have a 440 with indy ez heads and indy valley cover. What intake will clear the valley cover? This motor is for street driving only.

Have a 440 with indy ez heads and indy valley cover. What intake will clear the valley cover? This motor is for street driving only.

I think most, if not all will fit. Some will require removing the heat cross over on the underside.

the heat crossover is the issue. I don't think any manifold with a crossover chamber will fit with the alum valley plate; been thru this before. using the factory intake gasket with the end rail spacers will open up your options. you can remove the crossover chamber on any manifold and it will probably work with the alum valley plate; did that once.

it's been a few years since I done this but i'm thinking the indy dual plane might fit the valley plate. the engine I worked on used the indy dual plane and 6pak. the 6pak wouldn't fit the plate.

............ i'm thinking the indy dual plane might fit the valley plate. the engine I worked on used the indy dual plane and 6pak. the 6pak wouldn't fit the plate.

Correct

Auto Transport Service
Back