• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is a 1968 coronet 500 vert worth?

How's the body ? ....is it solid as most of the AZ car I've seen, are the rear interior panels good ? ....These aren't reproduced, They are hard to find and Pricey when you do find them ? ....What are they trying to get out of you, It's definitely got potential, and worth serious consideration, .....What are they asking ?

I don't really want to throw a price out there on someone elses stuff, but I will gladly tell you my opinion on there price.

Feel free to say whatever you want. I would not be offended.

They are asking $10,500 USD.

I do not know what the condition of the inside panels are. So far all I know is the rear frame rails and deck lid have rust and there is a bubble under the paint behind the door. I am not a fan of the 318 or 383 myself. I like em big, but original is nice too. This one happens to meet none of my standards in the motor dept.

Its not an AZ car. Texas to be sure.

I always take this rust stuff with a grain of salt until I can see it. Or figure the rust x3.

WOW ! , 10,500 ain't bad at all ! , I would buy it in a heartbeat ! , a lot of people may think so, but they haven't looked for 68,69,70 B Body Convertible stuff........ and a little known fact, the rear interior panels on the 68-70 Dodge B body conv, ARE different than the 68-70 Plymouth B body conv., Different part numbers, different lengths, they are stamped either Dodge or Plymouth on the back, Dodges were 117 Wheelbase and Plymouths were 116 , the difference is made up behind the doors in front of the rear wheels.

OK, dang... Instified newbie now, but what is the diff between a Dodge and a Plymouth in these cars?

OK, dang... Instified newbie now, but what is the diff between a Dodge and a Plymouth in these cars?

In the B body Convertibles for 68-70 Dodge had the Coronet 500,Coronet R/T while Plymouth had the Satellite,Road Runner,GTX (road runner conv. wasn't available till 69)

Chrysler NEVER made a Super Bee Convertible.

Wheel Base is 1 inch longer on the Dodges at 117 vs. the Plymouth's 116

I think that 10,500 is too high. I sold onme less than a year ago for 9,500. #'s matching 383 with mint top and int. Could have used a paint job, but didn't need one as a driver. It should also have bucket with console. I didn't see a console. Looks like a decent car, but I'd put it at 8K.
KID

8k would be OK. I wish you still had yours for sale. I think I am going to pass on this one due to the rust issues.

If anyone is interested I will pass on the seller data. I recently found another '66 charger that I was considering along with this one. I am going to try and pick up the charger this coming week.

I think that 10,500 is too high. I sold onme less than a year ago for 9,500. #'s matching 383 with mint top and int. It should also have bucket with console. I didn't see a console. Looks like a decent car, but I'd put it at 8K.
KID

I agree on the price but the console was optional. (Bench seat standard on convertible; buckets optional; buddy seat or console optional)

Some things to consider depending on your plans and what you want to do with it.

Is all of the convertible specific trim there? The trim around the rear windows and deck lid is almost impossible to find and $$$$ when you do. (There is a difference between Dodge and Plymouth here too.) Is the convertible specific outside A pillar trim and are top headers there? Again, hard to find and $$$ when you do. As mentioned above, the rear seat panel was often cut for speakers. Incorrect reproductions are available but not cheap. Good or refirbished original are more expensive. Is all of the top hardware frame there? How is the pump, cylinders and lines? How is the top? Back window? Top latches? How's the weather stripping? Convertibles can be a real drag in rain if they are not sealed properly. Even the sun visors are convertible specific. Some glass is different between the HT and convertible. Restoring or refreshining a convertible can be a little more expensive than a HT due to specific parts and the difficulty in finding them.

How's the tail panel? This is a 500/RT specific piece and again, hard to find a good one and $$$ when you do.

Unless this guy is willing to deal and get the price down from where it is, I'd walk away. It's easy to get upside down very quickly with a car like this. I've seen much nicer and complete 318 'verts in the high teens.

Just my 2 cents....

Nice car, Id buy it

:yes:
Looks like an easy project providing the underside is free of heavy rust issues like my car had. I would lose the front bumper though, it just looks to heavy and wrong for a 68. The right ones are plentliful and most people will pay more for a car that has the right stuff rather than something that just happened to fit. The hood is another judment call, If I were buyin this the wrong stuff would have to be considered in the price/value determination. I have seen lots of 500s that have been 318 cars not unusual. Buy that thing if the price is right!
best wishes looks like fun :eek:)

That's a pretty cobbled together car with rusty frame rails in the rear. $10.5 is way to much in my book. Maybe someone would be willing to pay it, but not me

Auto Transport Service
Back