• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is a good heater core brand?

LR1970

Local time
9:41 AM
Reaction score
I'm going to buy a new heater core, are they are much the same or is there better brands out there? The Summit one looks rough but the Spectra Premium Industries one looks really nice.

I have a 67 Coronet

Leigh

Spectra builds heater cores and radiators. They are built offshore however. I don't think you will find any that aren't. That being said, I have used the Spectra units without problem.

I just put a Spectra in my 72B non-a/c and it fit really good . Was just like the original. It was made in Canada too. Autozone was about 25.00 cheaper than Rockauto on this one.

I just put a Spectra in my 72B non-a/c and it fit really good . Was just like the original. It was made in Canada too. Autozone was about 25.00 cheaper than Rockauto on this one.
This is where I bought mine too, Autozone has a 20% off sale if you spend over $100 with free shipping over $75.

The last one I got at Advance was made in Korea.
Were this stuff is made is a roll of the dice.
They usually need a little work to fit the firewall just right.
I would recommend leak checking what ever you get before you put it in just to be safe.
I've had to fix them out of the box.
Maybe 15 psi of air in a water tank.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm talking antique car ones.

Auto Transport Service
Back