• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the correct casting number for a 1970 440 water pump housing?

moparmusclecars

Local time
6:34 AM
Reaction score
Trying to figure out the correct water pump housing casting number for my 1970 440 HP engine. Do other casting numbers fit and work correctly? I have a 383 here sitting I could rob the housing off of, but not sure it would be correct. Doesn't need to be casting number correct, really. Just need to make sure what will work. I see casting number 2780987 for some on the internet, but not sure if that is correct. Non AC car if it matters. Will have power steering if that matters.

Trying to figure out the correct water pump housing casting number for my 1970 440 HP engine. Do other casting numbers fit and work correctly? I have a 383 here sitting I could rob the housing off of, but not sure it would be correct. Doesn't need to be casting number correct, really. Just need to make sure what will work. I see casting number 2780987 for some on the internet, but not sure if that is correct. Non AC car if it matters. Will have power steering if that matters.
They just about all fit. Big difference is water outlet can be on either side. Housing Pump Packages

That's the correct housing for a 70 B body.

They just about all fit. Big difference is water outlet can be on either side. Housing Pump Packages
Thank you Pnora! I have a Oct 1972 block and have a passenger side water pump housing Water Pump Housing #3698468. Mancini is the ONLY site where I was able to find a new water pump housing on the passenger side.

The only thing about the new one is the thermostate exit is at a 30 degree angle or so where as the 3698468 is straight up

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back