• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this missing plate on on my 904 called and where can I find it?

jogirob

Local time
9:17 PM
Reaction score
One of the first things I noticed after purchasing and bringing the car home is that there's this opening on the front-bottom part of the transmission housing
20180818_122535.jpg
, right behind the oil pan. I can see some gears just free ballin' out in the open. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be that way, the empty bolt holes are a dead giveaway... Anyways before I take a rock or any other debris to these gears, what is the part called and where can I find it? Would it be something that a parts place like Rock Auto would carry? Or is this something I'd have better luck finding at a junkyard?

Torque converter drain plug access cover...it's a smaller plate the bolts on there at the bottom of the main cover. If you find one in a junkyard awesome possum, otherwise you'll have to buy one. (Some guys even just weld a piece of metal over it) If you're not worried about correctness you could even make your own out of some sheet metal and bolt it on there..

Mine been missing on my bee, the entire dust shield. 30,000 miles later, still no problems, I wouldn’t sweat it hardcore

Tranny access plate. See them all the time at swap meets. Usually about 10 bucks

Thanks all. @beanhead Yea if it wasn't so oily down there I'd just duck tape it. @threewood your ebay link didn't work but now that I know what it's called I can make a more educated search! @Scatpack Glad to hear. I was starting to stress about dust getting in there.

Thanks all. @beanhead Yea if it wasn't so oily down there I'd just duck tape it. @threewood your ebay link didn't work but now that I know what it's called I can make a more educated search! @Scatpack Glad to hear. I was starting to stress about dust getting in there.

Opened for me just now. Here is the item number...263887177400

One of the first things I noticed after purchasing and bringing the car home is that there's this opening on the front-bottom part of the transmission housingView attachment 641256 , right behind the oil pan. I can see some gears just free ballin' out in the open. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be that way, the empty bolt holes are a dead giveaway... Anyways before I take a rock or any other debris to these gears, what is the part called and where can I find it? Would it be something that a parts place like Rock Auto would carry? Or is this something I'd have better luck finding at a junkyard?

You might want to tie that cable off before it rubs threw and gets stuck ! Looks like a shifter cable but is on the wrong side unless it's wrapped around!

Auto Transport Service
Back