• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your favorite car wax?

What is your favorite car wax/protectant?

• Total voters

63hemipolara

Local time
4:54 PM
Reaction score
Just wondering what car wax is fellow members choice of wax?

A- McGuiars
B- Turtle Wax
C- Mothers
D- Adams
E- Other

Ive all ways liked Mother but I will use just about anythng in a paste wax. Right now I have some Rain X thats pretty good. I clean my truck so often it doesnt matter. I work at a Dealership prep department at night so when its slow I clean my truck. And right now thats pretty often.

I don't actually use wax, but rather a poly coat type of product.

Here in Arizona wax is really pretty worthless as the exterior temps of a cars paint can get so hot that it actually melts the wax away in absolutely no time. The poly coat seals the paint and that is what you are looking for to protect your paint from oxidizing.

Never thought about that, but you're probably right!

bet it would really suck to see some sticky goo dripping off your car on a hot afternoon

I don't actually use wax, but rather a poly coat type of product.

Here in Arizona wax is really pretty worthless as the exterior temps of a cars paint can get so hot that it actually melts the wax away in absolutely no time. The poly coat seals the paint and that is what you are looking for to protect your paint from oxidizing.

Would that be 5 star shine?

Never thought about that, but you're probably right!

bet it would really suck to see some sticky goo dripping off your car on a hot afternoon

I have never seen that. it just seems to disappear like it evaporates, it is just gone.

I dont use wax either, i use a glaze type polish. it works like wax, but it isn't.it lets the paint breathe , and it is body shop safe, that's why i use it. it is called "SHINE MASTER" by www.wizardsproducts.com

Last edited:
I used Turtle wax once years ago. The pin stripe fell off immediately after

I use "Ice" now...........No residue, nice shine, and really slippery.

(don't walk on your hood without spikes). :santa:

After the restoration work was finished on my sons 72 Dart Swinger, I used the Meguiars "Smooth Surface Clay Kit" on it and it left a BEAUTIFUL, smooth and shiny surface that made the sheet metal surfaces feel like glass. The clay and Quick Detail Spay took ALL of the contaminants off of the surfaces, which give the paint a "rough" feel. It is amazing stuff and I am going to also use it on my 66 Coronet and my 99 Ram 1500 Sport.

The kit includes everything you need except their car wash solution to clean and wax your car, but I followed up with a couple of coats of their #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Carnauba and then used their High Gloss Tire Endurance Tire Dressing. The car looks absolutely AWESOME in my humble opinion. Pictures just don't show how clean and smooth these products left the Dart's sheet metal :grin:

Richard

Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay Kit.jpg

Meguiars #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Carnauba Wax.jpg

Meguiars Endurance tire dressing.jpg

1972 Dart - New front windshield, front bumper, transmission cooler,  & restored front grille.jpg

015_15_0001.jpg

1972 Dart - After 2005 - 2006 restoration.jpg

1972 Dart Swinger - 14 x 6 Magnum 500 wheels & P225-70R-14 B.F.G. Radial TA tires.jpg

72 Dart Swinger -After 2005-06 restoration with custome air cleaner pie pan.jpg

I like using the Meguiars detailer to clean the surface with a quick wipe down. If I think it needs more than that, I'll go do some 3M Perfect-It 3000 polising glaze with a white foam pad on a variable speed buffer at about 1400 RPM's, then top it off with some Gold Glass liquid wax.
I try to avoid putting water on them when I don't have to.

I use "Dry Wash" almost every weekend, then a good scrubbing with "Turtle Wax" once a year. My car is indoors, and hasn't been wet for about 5 years.

(nothing)

WTF does this guy's post have to do with CAR WAX?:eek:fftopic: Dude, this is a MOPAR CAR FORUM!

Richard

Last edited by a moderator:
The kind that doesn't allow the burning rubber bits to stick to the quarter panels :grin:

Looks like the Moderators deleted his post and hopefully his membership. I HATE spammers! :black_eye:

Richard

Yeah....I took him out, and all the links he left behind

and for a dollah I'll send them to whoever wants them.
How's THAT for a plan:rolling:

Yeah....I took him out, and all the links he left behind

and for a dollah I'll send them to whoever wants them.
How's THAT for a plan:rolling:

You sir, are the MAN! :) Hopefully, he didn't collect all of our e-mail address before he was booted. :( By the way, did I mentio that I HATE spammers? :grin: :buttkick:

Richard

Auto Transport Service
Back