• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What kind of manuals are yall running in early LA 318's?

JetCoronet

Local time
11:36 AM
Reaction score
Im more or less just seeing how wide the waters are. Of course i know A833's are good. How about Ford TKX's? Saginaws? Any bell adapters yall like? Just getting some ideas going for my 69 Coronet 4 door. It wont be any serious trophy winner but i want to have fun in it. Matching numbers do not concern me. Lets just talk budget barnyarn hotrods.

As far as I know, just the A-833, whatever the 3-speed manual is and anything produced by Brewers Performance. The A-833 is very strong

If you are you are building budget behind a 318 from a pick a part. How about a nv3500hd from a Dakota with the 3.54? First. Aisin has some 5 speeds. The r154 needs a bell from an early 90s Dakota with an ax15 trans. Someone had a post I think about a Colorado trans behind a jeep Liberty bell.

Check out this guy's youtube channel. He has a 3 part series talking about his install of an ax15 5 speed transmission out of a dakota bolted up to a 5.9 magnum small block. Pretty cool and his homemade pistol grip is pretty rad too! Don't know if he's a member here but he should be.

Auto Transport Service
Back