• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Media do you use in your Blast Cabinet?

Nxcoupe

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:57 AM
Reaction score
What media do you use in your home blast cabinet? I need to replace the stuff that's in mine and just want to see what others use. Thanks.

Different nozzles, different media types and different pressure. All depends on what I am doing.
Stripping rust/paint use 90 lbs. PSI, crushed glass, #7-8 ceramic nozzle.
Finish/smooth/semi--polished finish, #10 glass bead, 40-50 lbs. PSI, #6 nozzle.
There re many others. If you go online to a major media supplier, they have charts for these specs.
Depends on what you are doing and the material you are working on.

Glass beads, I clean my stuff as clean as possible before using the blast.

Different nozzles, different media types and different pressure. All depends on what I am doing.
Stripping rust/paint use 90 lbs. PSI, crushed glass, #7-8 ceramic nozzle.
Finish/smooth/semi--polished finish, #10 glass bead, 40-50 lbs. PSI, #6 nozzle.
There re many others. If you go online to a major media supplier, they have charts for these specs.
Depends on what you are doing and the material you are working on.
I don't get into it that deep. I have no clue what nozzle is on it. I put stuff in, turn on the vac and hook up the air and keep working til it's clean. Guess I'll get some crushed glass if I can source it locally.

Thanks for everyone's responses and the information. I'm not sure where I'd find different nozzles for this antique. It needs a new shield first. Plexiglass didn't last very long.

Thanks for everyone's responses and the information. I'm not sure where I'd find different nozzles for this antique. It needs a new shield first. Plexiglass didn't last very long.
Go to TP tools.... used to be Tip years ago... they have blasting equipment and media

We use aluminum oxide at the shop.
ALC brand from Northeren.
Medium grit , cuts good , good life span.
Its aprox $45 for 20 lbs.

I bought several bags of crushed glass from a guy who did dustless blasting. Coal slag from a local equipment rental.

I try to find what I can locally to eliminate shipping dead weight.

Auto Transport Service
Back