• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What size are these factory magnums?

d9103365

Local time
4:11 AM
Reaction score
My 75 Fury came with stock 14" magnums. Its got 225/70R14s on it right now....but I'm thinking I could put a bigger tire on it....maybe 245s? But I'm not sure how wide these are. Dunno if they are 14x7 or 14x6 or 14x5.5. I know chrysler made a few different sizes....just not sure what the factory size was for this year. Anyone know? photo 1.jpg

In side the rim somewhere it says or go to a tire shop and measure them all incase one is different.... the rim with is the tire with... I'm guessing there 14 x 6 1/2 and a 225 70 14 is as fat a tire I would run.... get the 15x8 rims and a235 60 15 is what I run on magnum 500... people go fatter but looks aren't anything....

Mopar was notorious for using skinny wheels.

5.5 ans 6 are very common.

Yours is late enough to have the wider ones if they are stock.

I've run 225 60 and 235 60 on those with no prob whatsoever.

You can use a tape measure to go through the wheel and get pretty close. Measure to where the bead seat turns down into the edge of the rim. Might need some help with someone holding the end of the tape.

Yes YY1 is right on the money. I wouldn't go bigger than a 235 - 60. You could probably squeeze the 245 on those rims but it would not really fit well. If you really want bigger tires, get larger rims. There isn't really any way around that.

I made my own wheel width calipers out of cardboard using online photos of plastic and metal units as a guide.

I checked them against wheels of a known width, and marked the caliper rule accordingly.

They work GREAT, and I still have them and carry them in my truck all the time, despite having acquired a plastic set with my recent pawn shop wheel balancer purchase.

- - - Updated - - -

IIRC widths are inner bead seat to inner bead seat, and wheel calipers are marked to compensate for this since they measure on the outside.

You'll likely get an odd reading measuring the outside with a tape, and be forced to make an "educated" guess as to the advertized size of the wheel in question.

14x6 wheels were the normal for Mopar. 14x7 were normal for Fords and can be made to fit and work great with 245/60 14 tires. 14x6 are going to be harder to work with 225/60 14 might be best. L50 14 will not work with 6 inch width(old school).

Ford also made 15x7, which are relatively easy to find (relatively).

...and they were available aftermarket in all sorts of sizes, but with a different sticker in the center cap.

Auto Transport Service
Back